NEWS IN BRIEF
- Wholesale prices fall again, prompting rally. Patterson, Dean // Bond Buyer;07/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30186, p2
Reports on the sixth straight decline in wholesale prices in the United States which triggered an extension of the bond rally in the Treasury security market on June 11, 1997. Market performance of bonds from July 10; Factors behind the decline in the wholesale price index.
- IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E.; Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;3/18/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33284, p2
The article offers news brief related to bonds in the U.S. including Federal Reserves has maintained its supervisory role over complex financial institutions, the producer price index has decreased by 0.6 percent in February 2010, and the Treasury Department has sold 25 billion of 56-day...
- IN BRIEF. Ackerman, Andrew; Siegel, Gary E.; Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;8/16/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32446, p2
The article presents developments related to the financial market in the U.S. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the overall producer price index rose in July 2006 by its lowest level since the beginning of the year. The Empire State Manufacturing Survey indicates that conditions for...
- Munis Unchanged; Treasuries Muted on Data. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/20/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32532, p2
The article focuses on the condition of the securities markets in the U.S. The economic data showed a jump in the overall producer price index due to increase in prices of cars, trucks and aircrafts. The University of California, Berkeley, California, is offering revenue bonds worth $1.36...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/7/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31735, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of October 7, 2003. Amount of the four-week discount bills on sale by the Treasury Department; Decrease of the tender rates included in discount bills; Percentage of the auctioned inflation indexed notes.
- Munis Unchanged in Light Trading: Supply Concerns Weigh on Treasuries. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;11/11/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31759, p2
Reports on the bond market in the United States as of November 11, 2003. Auction of the United States Department of the Treasury.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/25/2003, Vol. 246 Issue 31769, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of November 2003. Prediction of economic growth; Decline of households' holiday spending; Trading of four-week discount bills by the Treasury Department.
- Treasury to Raise $9.0B With 4-Week Bills Today. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;8/15/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32445, p2
The article reports on the plan of the Treasury Department to auction its $24 billion of four-week discount bills and will be used to refund the $15 billion maturing bills in the U.S.
- Delving for dynamic dollars. Ruggiero Jr., Murray A. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jul2001, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p58
Focuses on development of a trading system for a 30-year Treasury bond. Analysis of monthly bond prices compared to two versions of the Producer Price Index (PPI); Correlation between relative price levels on a continuous contract basis for Treasury bonds and the detrended PPI.