Arizona Readies $60 Million of COPs To Retire Facilities Debt Issued n 1990s
- West Contra Costa Healthcare Bankruptcy Won't Affect Debt Service. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;10/6/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32482, p34
The article reports that bankruptcy filed by the West Contra Costa Healthcare District in San Francisco, California would not affect debt service of outstanding debt of around $32 million. Certificates of participation (COPs) are supported by Ambac Assurance Corp. and are secured by a parcel tax...
- Florida's Crist Announces Deal to Scale Back Everglades Land Buy. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/13/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33003, p4
The article reports on the deal to scale back the purchase of U.S. Sugar Corp.'s land from the previous price of $1.75 billion to $1.34 billion. It relates that the land purchase will be financed with certificates of participation to conduct major restoration projects in the applauded south...
- Roseville, Calif. Bonds Upgraded. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;8/13/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34360, p1
Roseville, Calif.'s water utility revenue certificates of participation won an upgrade from Standard & Poor's, which cited the system's ability to raise rates.
- Defaulted 1992 COPs for California Migrant Workers May Yet Bear Fruit. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/16/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31554, p4
Reports that investors of defaulted certificates of participation in 1992 to finance a facility for migrant workers in Arvin, California may recoup some amount of their investments. Company in negotiations for purchasing the facility; Reasons for the failure of the investment project;...
- Tobacco District COPs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31694, p29
Reports that Durham, North Carolina will sell multi-million dollars worth of certificates of participation.
- Nebraska Readies $29 Million of COPs and Short-Term Bonds. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31304, p3
Reports on deals set by Nebraska state to sell certificates of participation (COP) worth multimillion dollars, in an effort to save money in light of budget shortfalls faced by the state. Finance upgrades to be made possible by the sale of COP; Bonds to be issued by the Nebraska State College...
- School COPs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31329, p33
Reports on the plan made by the Palm Beach County School Board in Palm Beach County, Florida to sell certificates of participation to meet needs of its students. Manner in which the certificates will be sold; Insurance of the debt by Financial Security Assurance; Rating given to certificates by...
- Florida District Ready to Roll Out $61M of School COPs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/24/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31477, p32
Reports the plan of the school district to roll out $61.4 million insured of certificates of participation in Florida. Importance of the proceeds for the elementary schools; Finance needed for the school; Presentation of the general obligation bond rating of the school district.
- Los Angeles Unified School District Set to Issue $195 Million of COPs. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;12/3/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31524, p5
Reports on the plans of Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) to issue up to $195 million in certificates of participation (COPs) on December 4, 2002. Distribution of the amount for various issues; Deal made by LAUSD with other companies regarding COPs; Plans of LAUSD to issue general...