Michigan Lawmakers, Officials Clash Over Detroit Airport Oversight Bill
- Mixed Bag for Chicago. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/21/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31640, p1
The article presents information on several U.S. legislative bills. With the Illinois General Assembly winding down, Chicago, Illinois, is poised for a major victory with a bill that would cement the city's$ 6.6 billion expansion of O' Hare International Airport into law while also expanding its...
- This is no time for O'Hare supporters to miss flight. // Crain's Chicago Business;7/22/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p10
Focuses on the efforts to pursue the expansion bill for O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Failure of the bill to acquire two-thirds majority at the House of Representatives; Need for expansion supporters to regroup; Legislators involved in the bill.
- Delay hurts O'Hare bill's flight plan. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;6/10/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p1
Focuses on the dispute between the U.S. Senate and House concerning the legislation for the expansion of O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Complications for the passing of the bill; Substantial changes made in the bill; Expansion agreement between governor George Ryan and mayor...
- Funding restoration bill grounded. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;11/22/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30773, p4
Reports on the failure of last-minute efforts to pass legislation that would restore federal funding to airports in the United States.
- Congress, Clinton to face off on airports. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;10/06/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30741, p7
Reports on a bill related to federal funding of airports in the United States. Provisions of the bill; Increase of passenger facility charge; Grants that will be provided to smaller airports.
- Legislation: House to Vote on Airport Security Measure Tomorrow. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p5
Reports on the possible approval of bill on airport security by the U.S. Congress as of October 31, 2001. Provisions of the bill; Reasons for delay in the approval of the bill.
- Legislation: Senate, House Enter Endgame in Airport Security Debate. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;11/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31258, p4
Reports on negotiations between U.S. House Representatives and Senators for the approval of an airport security bill that allows more flexibility to use funds from federal programs as of November 5, 2001. Details of the airport security legislation approved by the House; Committee sponsoring...
- State, Local Funding Not in Air Security Bill. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;10/15/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31243, p4
Reports the approval of the bill that provides federal funds for airport security by the United States Senate. Provisions of the bill; Exclusion on the funding of the state and local governments or local airport authorities; Revision of the bill by a group of state and local organizations.
- Agreeing on the Airport Authority. Bell, Rick // San Diego Business Journal;10/29/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p42
Focuses on the modification of the bill giving airport utility control over land uses in San Diego, California. Retention of the Unified Port District operator; Appreciation of the effort of governor Gray Davis; Fear of the city officials on the airport expansion plan.