Out-of-Session Utah Lawmakers Criticize Governor's Cuts
- Centrist Dems press Obama administration on spending. Bolton, Alexander // Hill;4/1/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p4
The article reports that Senate Democrats summoned U.S. President Barack Obama's budget chief for spending nation's fiscal health.
- Legislative session was embarrassment. // Journal of Business (10756124);3/21/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 7, pA4
Editorial. Comments on the legislative session for emergency-reserve fund in Washington. Failure of the legislators to discuss reduced spending and government jobs; Effect of health-care plan premiums on businesses and workers; Legislation for capital projects.
- Federal finance. // Economic Indicators;Aug96, p32
Presents statistical information on federal receipts, outlays, and debt in the United States, for the period 1977 to 1996.
- Taxing time. Taylor-Gooby, Peter // New Statesman & Society;12/2/94, Vol. 7 Issue 331, p16
Focuses on the government spending in Great Britain. Effect of the population structure on welfare spending; Effect of high taxes on the productivity of a country; Attitudes to government spending.
- United States to press China at summit to reduce exports and boost domestic spending. O'Brien, Michael // Hill;7/24/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 89, p3
The article reports on the plan of the administration of U.S. President Barack to pressure China to lessen exports and increase domestic spending at the annual Strategic and Economic Dialogue summit meeting in 2009.
- Germans lose consensus on social policy. Jacoby, Walde // Christian Science Monitor;6/21/96, Vol. 88 Issue 145, p19
Opinion. Recounts the author's experiences joining a demonstration in Bonn, Germany staged in June 1996 to protest Chancellor Helmut Kohl's proposal to cut government spending in sickness, unemployment and retirement benefits. Marches; Protest messages.
- Pork's Oink or Can-Do Results? Question at Center of Controversy. Baker, Pam // Georgia Trend;Jun2001, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p36
Focuses on the controversy caused by legislators' efforts to cut state government spending in Columbus, Georgia. Identification of spending programs the legislators deem as frivolous; Conflicts with local business leaders.
- AEM praises 2003 funding bill. // Motion System Hydraulics & Pneumatics;Mar2003, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p12
Reports that the Association of Equipment Manufacturers is praising the U.S. Congressional agreement on 2003 spending bills that restored the U.S. Federal highway construction budget and provided drought relief for farmers.
- Redirecting the defence dollar. O'Connor, Michael // Institute of Public Affairs Review;Oct97, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p7
Proposes a dissenting view of efficiency in defence spending and its effect on the bureaucratic problems of Australia. Difficulties in setting limitations for measuring efficiency of defence spending; Focus on efficiency; Concerns on the review of the spending.