Gilt-Edged Peach State Ready to Offer $280 Million in GOs
- No Place Like New York. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31336, p1
Focuses on the trouble faced by New York City in recovering from the impact of terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. Indication of the city's bond market profile by the scale of its credit needs; Analysis of the trend toward multiple issuers; Categories of bonds issued by the city; Analysis...
- Miami-Dade Wants $300M Deal Quickly, to Ease Economic Slump. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/9/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31239, p3
Reports on issuance of multi-million general obligation bonds to stimulate recession in local economy of Miami-Dade County, Florida. Decline in passengers at the international airport; Impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on economy.
- Utah Power Agency Sticks to Schedule for $101 Million Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p26
Reports on possible sale of multimillion dollar revenue bonds by the Utah Associated Municipal Power System (UAMPS). Possible utilization of the bonds proceeds; Underwriters for the UAMPS issue; Ratings assigned to the bonds by the ratings company.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. the TFMG Bond Research Group // Bond Buyer;10/9/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31239, p18
Reports on results of negotiated sales of bonds in the U.S. Actual price of the bonds; Re-offering price for the bonds; Issuer of the bonds.
- NEW YORK: Terror Costs. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;11/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31258, p39
Presents a report issued by the New York City Council Speaker Peter Vallone and Finance Committee chairman Herbert Berman detailing the economic impact of September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Projected budget gap for the year 2001; Expected job loss in 2001; Grants to be provided to the City...
- 9-11: ONE YEAR OF EMPIRE BUILDING. Petras, James // Canadian Dimension;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p37
Discusses changes in different realms of society and economic sectors of the United States after the September 11. 2001 terrorist attacks. Lessons learnt by state planners from the empire building by former U.S. President George Bush following the Gulf War in 1991; Military strategies and...
- Renewing focus after 9/11. // Pensions & Investments;9/5/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 18, p10
The article discusses how the catastrophic destruction of September 11, 2001 in the U.S. has affected the pension funds and their beneficiaries.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/13/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31592, p31
Presents several news items related to the U.S. bond industry as of March 13, 2003. Authorization for issuance of multimillion bonds in three separate transactions by Saint Lucie County, Florida-based City Council; Possible sale of revenue-refunding bonds by North Carolina-based Orange Water &...
- TOURISM IN THE REGION: DOWN BUT NOT OUT? // Middle East Business Intelligence;6/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the decline of the tourism industry in the Middle East after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States. Status of the tourism industry in the region before the terrorist attacks; Airlines that have stopped flights to Cairo, Egypt.