News In Brief: Consumer Sentiment Index at 82.7
- The rise of the technophile. Hedberg, Ase; Bedwell, Richard // Marketing Week;1/25/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p40
Presents the results of a survey regarding differences in product use, brand loyalty and spending attitudes of consumers in Europe. Attitudes toward technology, packaged goods and financial markets; Rise of the mobile phone market; Characteristics of technology-led market consumers; Combination...
- Consumer X-ray study reveals local purchasing trends. Gigante, Lucienne // Caribbean Business;11/18/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p31
Presents the 1999 Consumer X-Ray study tracking Puerto Rico consumer behavior sponsored by the Wholesalers Chamber of Commerce and produced by AC Nielsen. Demographics of survey respondents; Product categories surveyed; Average monthly spendings; Primary grocery shopping method; Paying method;...
- Hungarians not price sensitive. // Hungary A.M.;5/13/2014, p8
The article focuses on a survey by market researcher NRC which revealed the factors considered by Hungarians when making purchases.
- Continental drift closes gap. Day, Julia // Marketing Week;4/6/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p50
Reports on a survey by TGI Europa on product, brand, attitude and media exposure in major European markets. Includes percent of bottled mineral water drinkers; Percent of instant coffee drinkers; Percentage of elderly people who have taken two or more holidays in 1999; Computer ownership among...
- STUDY: 31% OF CONSUMERS PLAN TO BUY DISCS FOR THE HOLIDAYS. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;11/21/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 47, p4
The article focuses on the results of the 26th annual holiday study of consulting firm Deloitte which show that consumers are likely to purchase packaged-media movies and music in significant numbers during the holidays in 2011.
- BROAD MARKETING IMPLICATIONS OF RECENT TRENDS IN THE MULTICULTURAL SOUTH AFRICAN MARKET ENVIRONMENT. Leibold, Marius; Hugo-Burrows, Ria // Journal of Marketing Theory & Practice;Winter97, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p67
This article documents the centrality and importance for marketers of acknowledging and accommodating multicultural consumer market trends in South Africa. Following an overview of recent research in consumer value systems in South Africa, including mega trends shaping the multicultural South...
- NUMBERS Game. // CA Magazine;Mar2007, Vol. 140 Issue 2, p11
The article presents the progress in the Consumer's Association of Canada (CAC). In 1990, CAC suggest to shoppers that they can save if Canada eliminate its egg, dairy and poultry marketing boards. In 1978, CAC Ottawa labs conducted a test to no-name liquid dish soap and found that its not worth...
- Tuning in to Euro audiences. Killgren, Lucy // Marketing Week;8/19/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p30
Reports on the results of the 1999 European Media and Marketing Survey. Includes the cultural differences between consumers of television and print media; weeky reach of European television and print media; Attitudes to advertising in different media; Use of the Internet for electronic mail.
- Surveys find 'trust' rates higher than price, even now. States, Kim // Inside Tucson Business;10/5/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p11
The article discusses a survey on the subject of trust in the marketplace and the change of consumer behavior in the U.S. The BBB/Gallup Trust in Business survey found that consumers' trust in business has fallen in 13 out of 15 industries. It states that the change in consumer behavior means a...