- Seven Straight Months of Increases. // California Real Estate;Oct2015, Vol. 95 Issue 7, p8
The article reports on the recorded gain by the pending home sales in California in June 2014 which is the seventh month with a straight recorded increase.
- Tourism, Investor Rebound Spur Pick Up in Hotel Sales. Cain, Sandi // Orange County Business Journal;11/22/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p35
Reports on the recovery of hotel sales in California. Impact of pent-up investor demand on the increase in hotel sales; Stability in room rates and occupancy; Identification of hotels with top sales.
- Retailers optimistic for a strong 2016. ENGEL, CLINT // Furniture/Today;12/28/2015, Vol. 40 Issue 17, p26
The article reports on expectations of furniture retailers of the U.S. for good furniture sales in 2016. Topics discussed include steady improvements in economy being reason for expected growth; views of Jeff Child, President of the furniture firm RC Willey, on competition due to increased...
- Senator: Businesses treated like 'enemy' in California. Robison, Jennifer // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);7/28/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 30, pP12
No abstract available.
- New Year's Resolutions. Jackson, Michael; Krkoska, Joe; Stewart, Jack M. // Orange County Business Journal;1/1/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p39
The author reflects on issues concerning the economy of California, policy development and updates of other sectors. He remarked that Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger is using his calm to write his State of the Speech, which includes agenda for education, healthcare and economic development. The...
- REVIEW OF RECENT ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENTS. // California Economic Indicators;Nov/Dec2011, p1
The article reports on several developments on the economic sector in California from November to December 2011. It notes the continued growth of employment in the state in November and the unemployment has dropped by 11.3 percent. It also mentions the increase of homebuilding due to the...
- Revved Up. Hamanaka, Kari // Orange County Business Journal;8/13/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 33, p22
The article reports on the renewed interest for automobile-buying among consumers in California. The author mentions that automobile sales are revving up in California prior to the Orange County International Auto Show. He adds that auto manufacturers have rebounded from previous downturns, as...
- California LAO Report Evaluates Sales Tax. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;5/7/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34305, p1
The California's Legislative Analyst's Office released a review of the state sales tax May 6
- California's $3B ERB Deal. Saskal, Rich // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/23/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 40, p11
The article reports on the three billion dollar-economic recovery bond (ERB) deal in California. It is created to restructure the state's outstanding deficit bonds to account for unexpected weakness in sales tax revenue. The point-of-sale shows that the taxable sales of the state for 2009 were...