- The irony of the e-commerce revolution. Lawn, John // Food Management;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p6
Informs on the impossibility of doing away with companies' warehousing needs even with the advent of electronic commerce. Facilitation of transactions through the Internet; Inability to download products from the computer; Package delivery services of the food service equipment and supplies...
- EVERYTHING OLD IS NEW AGAIN. // Equipment Solutions;Sep2005, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p9
Focuses on the availability of foodservice and retail category items on the eBay web site for U.S. citizens. Growth of the electronic store; Safeguards developed by eBay to address the apprehensions of buyers in purchasing through the Internet; Option set by eBay for operators in equipment...
- Know before you click The risks of online buying. Frable, Foster // Nation's Restaurant News;6/10/2013, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p22
The article focuses on the issues related to online shopping of larger equipment for restaurants like refrigerators, stoves and dishwashers. It is said that until recently, online shopping was cheaper as Internet retailer didn't have to include sales tax in prices, however laws now require them...
- e-News. // Restaurant Hospitality;Jul2001, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p59
The article provides an update on technological innovations in the food service industry as of July 2001. Provision X opened its beef, pork and poultry marketplace, www.provisionx.com. Industry operators can use a Net Access card from Computer Telephony Concepts to communicate data from...
- Product showcase. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/27/95, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p115
Features several foodservice-related products. Includes `How to Sell More Beer' video; Farmland foodservice's Pre-Cooked Bacon; Campbell Foodservice's new premium-quality Creamy Garden Vegetable Soup.
- How to avoid failures with critical equipment in the kitchen. Frable Jr., Foster // Nation's Restaurant News;11/11/96, Vol. 30 Issue 44, p24
Presents guidelines in avoiding foodservice equipment failures. Consultation with engineering departments; Indication of reliability; Factors to look for in equipment; Requests for Mean Time Between Failure index.
- Products. // Restaurant Business;6/10/96, Vol. 95 Issue 9, p114
Presents various food service equipment and supplies available in the United States as of June 10, 1996. Includes Tyson Mexican tortillas; Pace Enchilada sauce; Spring rools; Cocktail. INSET: Fiesta fusion..
- Red hot chile peppers. // Restaurant Business;10/10/96, Vol. 95 Issue 15, p178
Presents various products of interests to the restaurant operators. Includes chile products; Lawry's Tropical Honey Lime Sauce; Dairy Management Inc. cheese recipes; Sara Lee home-style cakes. INSET: Van Den Bergh Pennant Puff Pastry recipe contest..
- Equipment. // Restaurant Business;10/10/96, Vol. 95 Issue 15, p195
Features various products and equipment of interest to food service industry. Includes Elite Series Ranges from Imperial; Durand Arcodoc tableware; Keating Custom Line Up cooking station; Rankin-Delux Oriental Flex System; Reynolds Cut-Rite wax paper bags and rolls.