Digging into diversity
- Mexican to the Max! Friedland, Ann // Food Management;Aug2002, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p42
Provides tips in making an effective Mexican dish in California. Adaption of cactus cafe concept; Provisions of different types of quesadillas; Use of exhibition-style approach.
- Incredible Quesadillas. Bennett, Bev // Better Homes & Gardens;May2000, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p270
Presents a recipe for quesadillas, a Mexican dish. Similarity to thin-crust grilled cheese sandwiches; Reduction of caloric and fat content; Use of fat-free tortillas.
- Mex `turns up the heat.' Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p148
Discusses Mexican/Southwest cuisine contributions on healthcare cafeteria menus in the United States. Mexican items at Elizabeth Medical Center of Boston in Massachusetts; Consumption of fajitas in the hospital's cafeteria; Profitability of Mexican foods. INSET: Mount Miguel Covenant...
- HOLA, WHAT'S FOR DINNER? // Los Angeles Magazine;Nov2010, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p140
The article features several kinds of Mexican food being offered by various establishments in Los Angeles, California, including quesadillas from Nina's Food, tamal colado from Chicken Itza and blanco soup from El Sinaloense.
- Florida hospital sets new delivery program. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p26
Reports that Mt. Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, Florida has been developing a delivery program at its branded food-court. Plan to offer a limited menu of selection from branded stations; Highlights of the program.
- Making anything portable. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p102
Offers a look at the breakfast service of three hospital cafeterias in the United States. Palmetto General Hospital in Hialeah, Florida; Jackson Hospital and Clinic in Montgomery, Alabama; North Shore University Hospital in Plainview, New York.
- STRIP-MALL RESTAURANTS. S. A. // New York;4/10/2006, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p66
The article presents a list of popular strip-mall restaurants in Los Angeles, California. Zankou Chicken is a Middle Eastern rotisserie popular for its gut-busting sliced shawarma. Alegria on Sunset serves the Mexican dish carnitas quesadilla. Aside from serving the best hamburgers in the city,...
- Ã‚Â¡No MÃƒÂ¡s Burritos!: The Gringo's Guide To Cooking Real Mexican. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Sep2013, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p164
Recipes for several Mexican food are presented, including the pescado a la veracruzana, flowering quesadilla, and federales.
- Today's 'comfort foods'. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p120
Describes Mexican and Southwestern foods offered by food facilities at hospitals in the United States. Scratch-made enchiladas; Tortilla cheese soup; Chicken fajitas; Southwest casserole; Enchilada casserole; Burritos with refried beans and Mexican-style corn and Spanish rice; Taco salad bar...