HOW TO MOVE KEY EMPLOYEES INTO POSITION: THE SUCCESS LADDER
- How to address yourself as a manager. Orr, Warren G. // Advanced Management Journal (03621863);Fall74, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p25
Discusses the roles and responsibilities of a manager. Challenges facing the manager; Characteristics of an effective manager; Guidelines to help accelerate and control personal career growth; Discussion on the essence of management.
- It's easier than many women might think. Gartrell, Nanette // Inside Tucson Business;3/17/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 41, Special section p20
The article offers suggestions on how to set limits at work. It is essential to give oneself time to consider what to say and let people know as soon as possible. It is also important to ask oneself the need to grant the request and what might lose in saying no as well as knowing if the request...
- Mind Body Talk: Does Changing Pictures Motivate You? Coombes, Frances // Positive Health;Feb2007, Issue 132, p12
The article presents the author's view on how to motivate people in their career as well as in having interviews in the U.S. He implies that during interviews, gestures and actions are important on how one perceives the task she is applying for. According to him, the only person that can...
- What can I earnï¿½ as an HR generalist in the North West? // Personnel Today;3/20/2007, p39
The article presents information on the job description and career progression of a human resource (HR) generalist. The role is normally seen as either a first job for a graduate, or a route into HR for someone with general office experience. The role involves supporting the organization's...
- Investigation of Bullying, Job Analyses, Dual Career Ladders. Levine, Deb; Albright, Lesa; Fiester, Margaret // HR Magazine;Nov2010, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p20
The article presents questions and answers related to personnel management, including conducting a workplace investigation into bullying when there are no witnesses, conducting job analyses to ensure that job descriptions match the duties performed and the meaning of the term dual "career ladder."
- career briefs. // Public Relations Tactics;Apr2008, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p26
The article offers new briefs related to career development in the U.S. It offers suggestions on how to widen the usefulness of the employees job descriptions. It offers three steps on how to praise employees such as showing that an employer has understood the difficulty of what they did, how...
- Perfiles profesionales. Barrilero, Rafael // Capital Humano;Sep2010, Vol. 23 Issue 246, p120
No abstract available.
- SMEs: The quicker the better. // ITNOW;Mar2006, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p4
Reports on the launch of a professional development tool from BCS that plays an important part in helping small business enterprises quickly identify the jobs their information technology (IT) staff do or their new IT staff should be doing. Features of the tool; Standard being used by the tool...
- Write a practice profile. // Nursing Standard;5/21/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p60
The article offers information on how to write a practice profile. Accordingly, practice profile must be written between 740-1,000 words, while ensuring that it is related to the article. Practice profile must also be written on top of the entry followed by the name, the title of the article,...