IN EAST COAST MILITARY, B&I, HIGHER EDUC.: Acorn's growth takes root
- Cheyney University Receives a Historic Diploma From Its Past. // Journal of Blacks in Higher Education (BruCon Publishing Co.);6/28/2012, p15
This article reports that Cheyney University in Pennsylvania received a donation of documents including a diploma issued by the Institute for Colored Youth, the name given to the university in 1837.
- COMINGS AND GOINGS. // Philadelphia Gay News;12/28/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 52, p22
The article offers Philadelphia news briefs as of December 2013 on topics including LGBT liaison,, Philadelphia Black Gay Pride, and appointment of Ralph Godbolt, a professor at Cheyney University of Pennsylvania.
- Cheyney University Opens Its New $23 Million Science Center. // Journal of Blacks in Higher Education (BruCon Publishing Co.);Sep2014, p19
The article informs that Cheyney University in Pennsylvania has opened its science center consisting computer laboratories, planetarium, and an external greenhouse.
- Cheyney University. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;12/21/2011 Supplement, p28
The article features Cheyney University in Cheyney, Pennsylvania which is the oldest historically African American in the U.S., and is proud of its more than 10,000 graduates who receive education instruction beyond the vision of a Quaker philanthropist, Richard Humphreys.
- Cheyney U's interim pres. // New York Amsterdam News;7/8/95, Vol. 86 Issue 27, p48
Informs about the appointment of Dr. Donald L. Mullett, as interim president of Cheyney University of Pennsylvania, with effect from June 1, 1995. Note on Cheyney's career graph.
- Phyllis Worthy Dawkins Named Provost at Cheyney University of Pennsylvania Filed in Breaking News on August 2, 2013. // Journal of Blacks in Higher Education (BruCon Publishing Co.);08/08/2013, p5
The article announces that Phyllis Worthy Dawkins has been chosen as provost at Cheyney University of Pennsylvania.
- GROWTH by BEAUTIFICATION. Henson, Rich // Black Issues in Higher Education;07/20/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p24
Deals with the preservation of the historic buildings at Cheyney University in Cheyney, Pennsylvania. Funding for the project; Comments from W. Clinton Pettus, the university president; Information on the buildings.
- Cheyney University Begins Work on New Science Center Filed in HBCUs on August 27, 2012. // Journal of Blacks in Higher Education (BruCon Publishing Co.);8/30/2012, p9
The article reports the commencement of work on the new Center of Excellence for Research and Applied Sciences of the Cheyney University of Pennsylvania which will cater to research programs in biotechnology, health, mathematics application and computer-based system development.
- Cheyney University Opens New Residence for Honors Program Scholars Filed in HBCUs on September 27, 2013. // Journal of Blacks in Higher Education (BruCon Publishing Co.);10/3/2013, p1
The article offers information on the reopening of Humphreys Hall, the oldest academic building on the campus of Cheyney University of Pennsylvania, which after restoration will serve as a residence hall for a cohort of honors students called as Humphreys Scholars.