AT IOWA STATE AND ELSEWHERE: Creating student meal plan flexibility is right on the money
- Working the Brands. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;11/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p42
The article focuses on the foodservice brands at Bucknell University in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania. The concepts, such as Pepperazzi and Mongo Bongos, are time-tested proprietary brands that Parkhurst Dining Services brought to campus in response to students' requests for fresh made-from-scratch...
- The Menu that Roared. Sheehan, Patricia // Food Management;Nov2002, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p30
National Association of College and University Food Services' (NACFUS) prestigious Loyal E. Horton Awards Competition takes the measure of the country's finest college dining programs. Ashland University, a private school nestled in Ohio's rural Amish community, surprised more than a few...
- UM-Flint to Start Dining Program. // Food Management;Apr2008, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p20
The article reports on the initiation of an on-campus dining program to complement new student housing by the University of Michigan in Flint, Michigan. An initiative that will require students living in the new residence hall to purchase a $1,300 a semester meal plan was approved by the...
- STAFF TAKE THE STAGE: Stanford Univ. wows students with pop & sizzle foodservice. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p46
Deals with the renovation of Stern Dining Hall at Stanford University in Stanford, California. Factors responsible for the popularity of Stern Dining Hall; Details on its food service stations; Renovation cost; Menu offerings; Meal plans.
- Nurturing the Next Generation. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Feb2006, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p22
The article features the high school culinary program offered by the University of New Hampshire Dining Services. Aspiring chefs from the Seacost School of Technology in Exeter have participated the program. These students were able to worked side by side with the dining services staff to...
- Richmond's Remarkable Renovation. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Mar2007, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p24
The article reports on the renovation of the Heilman Dining Center at the University of Richmond in London, England. Such renovation has transformed the Heilman from an old-fashioned type dining hall to a modern and expansive market place focusing on fresh food, expanded choices and customized...
- Major: Meals. // Newsweek;2/5/2001, Vol. 137 Issue 6, p8
Reports that, as of February, 2001, some colleges are providing healthy late-night dining options for students. Study of undergraduate traffic patterns, which show that students are often up late; Availability of salads and smoothies at Stanford University.
- Meals up in the Village. // FoodService Director;11/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p10
Focuses on the operations of a campus dining facility called East Village Commons at the University of Georgia. Impact of the dining facility on meal plan participation at the university; Components of the dining facility; Major factor attributed to its success.
- A New Campus Landmark. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Apr2008, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p72
The article features the Gorecki Dining and Conference Center at Saint Benedict College in Saint Joseph, Minnesota. The facility is the result of the of a desire by the school for a modern dining space that accommodates the tastes and schedules of modern students. The seating area is described....