WITH JON LEWIS AT THE HELM: IOWA STATE SET TO BLEND RESIDENTIAL, UNION
- So far, soy good. // FoodService Director;2/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the use of soy-based, trans fat-free oils in deep frying foods in resident dining centers in Iowa State University in Ames in 2005. Crispiness of foods fried in the trans fat-free oil; Comments of Jon Lewis, director of dining services, on using the oil; Difference in the taste of...
- LEWIS' FIRST BIG TASK: New marketplace 'wows' Iowa State. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;3/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p36
Provides information on the advantages of constructing the Union Drive Marketplace food service center at the Iowa State University in Ames. Features of the dining facility; Goals of the project led by Jon Lewis, food service director of the campus; Response of students to the food service and...
- AT IOWA STATE AND ELSEWHERE: Creating student meal plan flexibility is right on the money. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p14
Reports on the plan of the Iowa State University in Ames to merge residential dining with union food service activities. Factors that influenced food choices; Groups of campus customers; Areas of concern in campus dining.
- Seasons Comes to Iowa State University. // FoodService Director;12/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p6
The article describes the newly renovated Maple-Willow-Larch Dining Center, which opened as Seasons Marketplace, at Iowa State University in 2009. Director of dining services Nancy Levandowski explains that the renovation began in 2006, and has resulted to bigger spaces in the form of better...
- Iowa State Dining stays self-op. // FoodService Director;3/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p1
This article reports on the decision of Iowa State University to continue self-operating its dining services, following a two-month evaluation of bids from ISU Dining and the top three contract management firms as of March 2006. Todd Holcomb, associate vice president for student affairs, is...
- Lovin' Their Salads. Levandowski, Nancy // FoodService Director;7/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p36
This article reveals the plan of Nancy Levandowski, director of dining at Iowa State University (ISU), to expand their fall salad line-up in 2008. The Union Drive Marketplace, renovated five years ago, is a marchÃ© concept with a different tossed-to-order salad each day, plus a salad bar that...
- Learn Pork Production at the Iowa State Swine Teaching Farm. // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;1/ 3/2014, p2
The article presents information on the swine teaching farm at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa. The swine teaching farm has been aiding students learn about pork production for nearly 50 years. According to farm manager Jacob Myers, the farm was built to offer pigs for the students taking...
- Kanthasamy named biomedical sciences chair at Iowa State veterinary college. // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Sep2011, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p58
The article announces that Dr. Anumantha G. Kanthasamy has been appointed as chair of the Department of Biomedical Sciences at the Iowa State University's College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Iowa Hall of Pride features ISU ag college. // Wallaces Farmer;May2013, Vol. 138 Issue 5, p45
The article discusses the participation of the Iowa State University's College of Agriculture and Life Sciences in exhibition at Iowa Hall of Pride which features ISU student's video interviews, ISU video titled "Follow Your Dreams" on agricultural opportunities and Iowa student's interviews.