USDA REPORT ON SCHOOL F/S CONTRACTS: FNS NEEDS GUIDELINES
- USDA Report Lambastes MilkPEP. // Dairy Foods;Nov98, Vol. 99 Issue 12, p16
Provides information on a report from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Office of the Inspector General (OIG) criticizing Milk Processor Education Program (MilkPEP). Details on the alleged improprieties of MilkPEP; Criticisms against Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) of USDA...
- USDA Office of Inspector General has broad authority. Smith, Ron // Southwest Farm Press;11/1/2012, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p18
The article offers information on the legal authorities which have been granted to the Office of Inspector General (OIG), law enforcement branch of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) for seizure operations and investigating fraud and agro-terrorism.
- The gift that keeps on giving. GUEBERT, ALAN // Farm & Dairy;2/13/2014, Vol. 100 Issue 21, pA4
The article argues against the commodity checkoff issued by the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA's) Office of Inspector General (OIG) on January 31, 2014.
- Just the Facts. // Good Medicine;Winter2006, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p23
The article reports on issues and events related to the animal science and medicine in the U.S. as of January 2006. The Agriculture Department is being audited by the Office of Inspector General for its enforcement of the Animal Welfare Act. Meat consumption in developing countries has increase....
- HSUS Files Complaint on Pork Checkoff. Shearer, P. Scott // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;12/10/2012, p2
The article reports on the complaint filed by the Humane Society of the U.S. with the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Office of the Inspector General regarding the diversion of checkoff funds from the National Pork Board to the National Pork Producers Council for lobbying purposes.
- NEWS FEED. // All Animals;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p2
The article offers news briefs related to U.S. government agencies as of April 2014 on topics including the December 2013 issue of the periodical "Rolling Stone" regarding factory farming, plan of U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA's) Office of Inspector General to investigate USDA's...
- Organic Tug of War. Vosburgh, Robert // Supermarket News Expert Blog;7/27/2012, p3
The article discusses the approval of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Office of the Inspector General (IOG) for the National List by the National Organic Standards Board (NOSB). It mentions the warning of traditionalists on the makeup of NOSB and the protest of the Cornucopia Institute...
- Ag department withdraws beef board report. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);2/5/2014, Vol. 141 Issue 6, p9A
The article focuses on the report from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Office of Inspector General (OIG) which tells that the National Cattlemen's Beef Association (NCBA) properly expended Beef Checkoff Program funds which is complied by the NCBA with U.S. law.
- 'Milk mustache' ads, Bozell come under fire. Pollack, Judann; Teinowitz, Ira // Advertising Age;11/2/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 44, p2
Reports that in 1998 two United States Senators, and the US Department of Agriculture's Office of the Inspector General (OIG) filed complaints regarding the `milk mustache' advertising campaign. How they feel the campaign should be overseen by an agency other than the National Fluid Milk...