METZ MEETS THEIR NEEDS: PENNSYLVANIA STUDENTS LEARN NUTRITION
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;06/11/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p20
Reports developments related to foodservices as of June 2001. Provision of Nutrition Friends program for schoolchildren by Metz & Associates; Contract grant for HMSHost Corp.; Launch of an amusement park by Panda Express at Six Flags Magic Mountain California.
- Metz & Associates dietitians aim to fight obesity with education. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/26/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 34, p20
Reports on the efforts of dietitians for foodservice contractor Metz & Associates Ltd. to educate U.S. students on obesity. Concerns over the growth of childhood obesity; Outline of the anti-obesity education programs.
- WITH NEW MANUALS, RECIPES, ETC.: Metz sets culinary overhaul. // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p34
Highlights the Quality Through Culinary Excellence Program of Metz & Associates Ltd. of Dallas, Pennsylvania. Aim of the procedure manuals, concept materials and other initiatives of the program; Team members of the program.
- WITH TRAINING, QUALITY FOCUS: Metz adds $4MM in Penn. // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the completion of the renovation on the Gateway Center Complex, a food service facility owned by Metz & Associates, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Features of the facility; Factors that contributed to the success of Metz.
- Metz's preferred dining program. // Food Management;Jun2002, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p12
Reports about the Preferred Dining program for hospital rooms by Metz & Associates.
- Zero to $50 Million in Six Years. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Jul2001, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p32
Features United States food service management company Metz & Associates Ltd. Company origin; Business strategies utilized; Factors attributing to its success.
- Shining a Light on Health. // FoodService Director;4/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p14
The article reports that Atlanta Public Schools is producing healthier children through a wellness program running in the district and promoting the idea of wellness by highlighting those schools that are making a difference. Every month, the 85-school district selects five Wellness Spotlight...
- Taking Back School Lunch. Shalfi, Marissa // FoodService Director;8/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p24
The article focuses on the challenges of the increased costs of healthier foods to foodservice operators in the U.S. It states that school districts with federally funded programs were required to meet a rigid set of nutrition standards by the start of the 2006 school year. In addition to being...
- MODELS NEEDED: Produce pilots steer way to higher FFV consumption. // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p10
Reports on an increase in fruit and vegetable consumption by school children in Florida due to the Eat Your Colors Every Day Salad Options Pilot Project launched by several school districts in the state. Plans for the expansion of the project to several states; Statistical data on the average...