- AS MEAL REPLACEMENTS OR ALL-DAY ADD-ONS: SMOOTHIES GET BIGGER. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p70
Discusses the increasing popularity of smoothies in the U.S. Outlook for the performance of the smoothie market in 2002; Reasons behind the popularity of smoothies; Information on the smoothie programs of food service companies Aramark and Sodexho.
- Drug UR program in Georgia. // Business Insurance;12/13/93, Vol. 27 Issue 51, p22
Reports on the award of a pharmacy management service contract to Wellpoint Health Networks Incorporated. Management of outpatient drug utilization of Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Georgia members; Acquisition of Professional Claims Services Incorporated.
- Cold Front. Aronovich, Hanna // Food & Drink;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p52
The article deals with Tropical Smoothie Cafe, a Destin, Florida-based chain of stores selling smoothies and sandwiches. The company has more than 230 stores across the U.S. Its criteria for selecting franchisees are outlined. According to the company, its mission is to offer consumers...
- SPOTLIGHT. // FoodService Director;8/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p58
Evaluates several products and services related to food service in the U.S. "Servsafe," a food-safety training book published by the National Restaurant Association's Educational Foundation; Jams and jellies from Smuckers; Fusion smoothies from Dannon.
- BLEND YOUR WAY TO PROFITS. Bendall, Dan // Restaurant Hospitality;Jun2005, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p102
This article discusses the popularity of smoothies and the types of machines used to make the beverage. The rise of smoothies was driven as a result of three foodservice trends. First, there is the healthful eating trend. Artificial flavors became unpopular and customers demand for fresh fruits....
- SMOOTH OPERATOR. Kyte, Alistair // Foodservice & Hospitality;Jan2009, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p40
The article focuses on the smoothie business which keeps healthy lifestyles in the marketplace. It provides information on Sam Haider and his wife's Euphoria Smoothies which started their business in 2004 in North Bay, Ontario. It states that after its success in 1999, smoothies quickly became...
- TOLL-FREE HOTLINE. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p120
Provides information on several food products for the food service industry. Salad dressing from Hellmann's and Best Foods; Smoothies from Dannon Away from Home; Dessert topping from Rich's On Top.
- REINVENTING SMOOTHIES. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;8/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p70
Relates the enhancements to the smoothie beverages offered by food service operators in the U.S. Smoothie stores opened by Freshen Quality Brands; Mango-based tropical smoothies launched by the company; Sales advantage of operating a smoothie and juice bar.
- Cater to convenience with foodservice. Budgar, Laurie // Natural Foods Merchandiser;May2007, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p24
The article presents tips provided by Donna Prizguntas, proprietor of Ames, Iowa-based Someone's In The Kitchen With Donna to help prevent a cash-flow problems in foodservice industry in the U.S. Donna first emphasizes the importance of knowing the customers. Next, she considers to outsource the...