ON 'SCHOLAR' SHIP: SFM cruise raises $21K+
- SFM awards foodservice scholarships. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/17/99, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p20
Focuses on Louisville, Kentucky-based Society for Foodservice Management's awarding of a scholarship to Elizabeth, Illinois-based Galena High School senior Nathan LeGreco.
- Get on with the job of dredging. // Business News New Jersey;10/18/95, Vol. 8 Issue 19, p22
Editorial. Comments on the need for dredging in the Port of New York. Environmental problem in the dredging process; Consequences of not having the harbor dredge.
- Sag Harbor--an American beauty. Sheed, W. // Architectural Digest;May90, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p29
Describes the architectural and landscape beauty of Sag Harbor of Long Island, New York. History of the town; Year-round attractions; How the town has preserved its beauty and culture from modernity and developers.
- A new `look' emerges in Sag Harbor's portrait. Connors, Cathy // New York Amsterdam News;8/19/95, Vol. 86 Issue 33, p18
Surveys the changing face of the leisure class inhabiting Sag Harbor, New York. Proliferation of African-American affluent class; Names of rich blacks; Social events.
- Fed funds for the port. // Business News New Jersey;01/18/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p2
Reports that the Port of New York and New Jersey has inched closer to landing a $60 million fund for dredging projects.
- Caught Up in a Dream. // Yachting;Mar2000, Vol. 187 Issue 3, p116
Relates a cruise to Sag Harbor, a 19th century whaling port on eastern Long Island, New York, aboard the yacht Dreamcatcher.
- 'And All I Ask Is a Tall Ship'. // Sports Illustrated;07/20/1964, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p22
The article presents photographs of school ships in New York Harbor in July 1964.
- Dredging plan. // Crain's New York Business;7/29/96, Vol. 12 Issue 31, p26
Reports on the Bill Clinton Administration's dredging plan for New York Harbor. Opposition to the plan by George Pataki and Christine Todd Whitman.
- Port of N.Y. triples dredging budget. // Traffic World;5/27/96, Vol. 246 Issue 9, p40
Reports on the Port of New York's tripling of the allotment for dredging for 1996. Amount appropriated for dredging; Features of the silting problems in the port; Features of the planned march by the International Longshoremen's Association.