- Travel Is Becoming More Taxing. // Consumer Reports Travel Letter;Jul2000, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p1
Focuses on the increasing number of taxes imposed on the travel industry in the United States. INSET: WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT TAXES.
- MONEY FOR NOTHING. Glab, Jim // Travel & Leisure;Jul2002, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p90
Presents information on the taxation of the tourism industry in the U.S. Type of taxes; Amount of tax.
- TEA PARTY WOULD APPROVE OF OBAMA TAX MEASURE. Bray, Roger // Travel Law Quarterly;Jun2012, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p105
The article offers the author's insight on the taxes charged by the U.S. government to the visitors in the country. He mentions Brand USA, a tourism marketing organisation which will be supported financially by the U.S. tourist industry and the 14-dollar fee paid by visitors from Great Britain...
- Environmentalists Sue, Hawaii Blue. Paige, Sean // Insight on the News;05/22/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p47
Presents update on abuses and wasteful actions in the United States (US) government as of May 22, 2000. Reasons behind the lawsuit filed by the Sierra Club, an environmentalists group, against the Hawaiian Tourism Authority over its advertising campaign; Impact of the Federal Workforce Digital...
- Untitled. // Time;1/27/1961, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p71
The article offers world news briefs related to finance and tourism. A report stated that the U.S. government has imposed gold ban to its citizens and companies. Eisenhower declined on the recommendation that airlines such as Pan America and Northwest Orient will have the same route. One of the...
- Tour Allure. Prall, Derek // American City & County;Jul2014, Vol. 129 Issue 7, p4
The article focuses on the tax breaks and tourism-related business being offered by some U.S. states so as to bolster tourism. Topics covered include the contributing factor to the declining tourism revenue of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, the allocation of the revenue generated by Myrtle Beach...
- Tourist, beware. // Saturday Evening Post;3/23/1968, Vol. 241 Issue 6, p90
Argues against the taxation of U.S. tourists by the administration of President Lyndon B. Johnson to counter the dollar drain as of 1968. Reduction of the dollar drain by taxing tourists; Opposition of the tourist industry to the tax.
- Ducey calls for reform in first speech. GRIMES, THELMA // Inside Tucson Business;1/23/2015, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the plan of U.S. President Barack Obama to raise the taxes of richest people in the country while Governor Doug Ducey released his 2016 budget proposal. It notes that the budget proposal of Ducey aims to overcome shortfall without the need to increase tax. It points out...
- Third quarter, 2012 estimated tax payment due date is September 17. Gray, Michael C. // Michael Gray, CPA's Tax & Business Insight;Sep2012, p1
The article reveals that the next U.S. federal estimated tax payment for individuals and calendar-year corporations is September 17, 2012.