Chicago's Mayor Moves Fast To Fill Holes in Finance Team
- SON ALSO RISES. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Oct99, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p34
Features the management style of Mayor Richard M. Daley of Chicago, Illinois. Daley's efforts to create consensus among diverse groups; His accomplishments in helping public schools; Views on management and turnarounds.
- Young Talent. Harkness, Peter // Governing;Sep2007, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p8
The author comments on the young people who work as aides to Richard M. Daley, mayor of Chicago, Illinois. He speculates on why these young people decided to serve the public good instead of joining Deloitte or Bank of America or a law firm. He suspects that the challenge of serving the public...
- Keep O'Hare expansion going, drop stadium play. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/8/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p10
Comments on the management scheme employed by Mayor Richard Daley in Chicago, Illinois. Scrutiny to the decision of the mayor on the expansion of the O'Hare International Airport; Criticisms on the efforts of Governor George Ryan to stop the project; Issues on Soldier Field renovation.
- Transformers needed for local government, too. // Crain's Chicago Business;7/26/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 30, p14
The article discusses the need of reform and transformation in the local government offices. Illinois has 13 billion dollars in public debt and Chicago has about 700 million dollar budget gap. Richard M. Daley, Chicago mayor is in his final term and a strong move toward regional government could...
- HEAVY TRAFFIC ON THE INFORMATION HIGHWAY. Wolpin, Bill // American City & County;Sep2009, Vol. 124 Issue 9, p6
The author reflects on the fact that as more and more Americans are using online social media such as Facebook and Twitter, state and local governments can use these technology tools to reach and interface with their constituents. Major cities and their officials are now using social media, such...
- ILLINOIS: Daley's Casino Dream. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/9/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31488, p33
Reports on attempts made by Richard Daley, Mayor of Chicago, Illinois to secure land-based casino license for the city. Reasons for Daley's interest in a Casino; Budgetary restrictions over Daley; Other sources of revenue explored by Chicago city.
- Chicago Mayor's $4.6B Budget Stresses Local Improvements. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/22/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31496, p3
Reports on the proposal of 2003 fiscal budget by mayor Richard Daley in Chicago, Illinois. Total amount of the budget; Project coverage of the budget; Plans of Daley for a post-election tax hike.
- Daley has dreams of going corporate. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;3/27/95, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the plans of Chicago, Ill. Mayor Richard M. Daley for the city and his post-political career. Corporate management philosophy; Adoption of business techniques; Focus on public education reform; Emphasis on private sector experience in selecting cabinet members.
- Nothing wrong with City That Works? Don't believe it. Munson, Lester // Crain's Chicago Business;2/4/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p9
Comments on the disastrous leadership of City Mayor Richard M. Daley in Chicago, Illinois. Development of Block 37 into real estates; Completion of the Millennium Park project; Renovation of the Soldier Field.