Thompson Leaves FleetBoston Ahead of Consolidation
- Oregon watching Columbia. Francis, Mike // Pensions & Investments;09/15/97, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p46
Reports on Oregon Investment Council's scrutiny of Columbia Management Company following Columbia's sale to Fleet Financial Group. Corporate information on Columbia Management; Announcement made by executives of Columbia on how the transaction would benefit the company.
- Acquisition sparks big downsizing. Kovaleski, Dave // Pensions & Investments;4/15/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p23
Reports on the corporate reorganization of Columbia Management Group in Boston, Massachusetts. Reduction of employees; Elimination of mutual funds; Liquidation of funds.
- Saner Leaves UBS, Joins Columbia. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Weekly;6/24/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p3
Reports on the appointment of Steve Saner as an institutional marketer at Columbia Management Group Inc. based in Albany, New York.
- General News. Randall, Danielle // Investment Management Weekly;10/28/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 42, p2
Presents updates on investment companies in the U.S. as of October 28, 2002, including the appointment of executives at Columbia Management Co.
- Columbia Gains Client Service Guru. Randall, Danielle // Investment Management Weekly;11/13/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 44, p3
Reports on the appointment of Peter Hendricks as head of institutional client service and marketing at Portland, Oregon-based Columbia Management Co. on September 1, 2000.
- Fleet Consolidates Asset Management Under 'Columbia,' Mulls Funds Brand. Morris, Gregory D.L. // Bank Investment Consultant;Apr2002, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p8
Reports the change of name of FleetBoston Financial Corp. to Columbia company. Purpose of changing business name; Management of asset; Effect of changing name on the marketability of products.
- 'Hold On To Your Cash!' // Siliconindia;May2003, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p50
Profiles Ajay Mehra, senior vice president and portfolio manager at Columbia Management Group. Duties and responsibilities; Career background; Advice for other mutual fund firms.
- Fleet poised to pay $600M for Oregon money manager. Ratner, Juliana // American Banker;8/14/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 156, p1
Reports on Fleet Financial Group's preparation for the purchase of Columbia Management Co. Value of the transaction; Advantage of the deal to Fleet; Terms of the deal.
- Fleet confirms its plans to acquire Ore. investment management firm. // American Banker;8/15/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 157, p24
Reports on Fleet Financial Group Inc.'s plans to purchase Columbia Management Co. Forms of payment planned by Fleet Financial for the deal; Effects of the proposed takeover to Fleet's stock prices.