Billion-Dollar Deals Return as N.J., Illinois, and N.Y.C. Step Up
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E.; Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;7/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31687, p2
Presents several news briefs related to bonds and economy market in the U.S. as of July, 29, 2003. Expectations of Michael Moskow, president of Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, regarding improvement in economy; Amount to be borrowed in marketable debts during July-September, 2003 by the U.S....
- South African Local Debt: Waiting For A Better Entry Point. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/12/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p22
The article discusses an outlook for local bonds in South Africa. It is noted that yields of the two-year R153 and five-year 157 papers went down in the middle of 2008. It is forecasted that bond yields will experience further compression because of monetary easing and flight to safety among...
- African Sovereign Bonds On The Move Up. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/20/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p20
The article offers an outlook for the African sovereign bonds for 2009-2010. Ghana's external bond has gained more than 23% since it has been included in the key market views. Securing multilateral financing from the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund will make contribution towards...
- Yield Curve Signals Pain Ahead. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/5/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p1
This article presents an outlook for yields in the bond market for 2010.
- BMI VIEW: ASIA. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/1/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 28, p3
Presents an outlook on the Asian bond market as of November 1, 2004. Forecast on Pakistan Islamic bonds; Factors affecting U.S. dollar-denominated bonds in the Philippines.
- Emerging East Asian Local Currency Bond Markets: A Regional Update. // Asia Bond Monitor;Sep2015, p1
An industry report of currency bond market industry in Asia is presented from Asia Bond Monitor, with topics including global and regional market developments, policy and regulatory developments and market summaries of Malaysia, Philippines and Singapore.
- PORTFOLIO STRATEGISTS' AVERAGED RECOMMENDATIONS. // Bank Investment Consultant;Apr2003, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p33
Presents economic and financial market forecasts for the U.S. as of April 2003. Stock-market value observed on March 6, 2003; Predicted inflation rate in financial market for March 2004; Expected bond-market yield in financial market for September 2003.
- Dealers were busy in 1998, but '99 may be a bit slower. Kruger, Daniel; Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/29/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30548, p1
Discusses the United States broker-dealers' forecasts for the municipal market in 1999. More competition; Impact of rising debt due to low interest rates and strong economy; Plan of public finance bankers to try and replicate their 1998 gains; Expected decline of volume; Tight underwriting...
- Yields Fall for 5th Consecutive Session; Governments Rise on Economic Data. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/16/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31657, p2
Municipal bond yields decline for the fifth consecutive session, dropping three or four basis points on June 20, 2003. Kevin Logan, senior market economist at Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein, said May 2003 core PPI indicated the economy was experiencing price stability, which did not change...