Mecklenburg County, N.C., Set to Offer $153M of Triple-A GOs
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;5/13/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31385, p35
Presents a chart depicting the legislative status of bonds in the U.S. Prohibition of municipalities to seek demands from waste hauling companies; Enactment of the Qualified Zone Academy Bond; Restoration of the flow control program.
- Moody's: North Carolina Counties Come Out on Top. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;07/12/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30930, p4
Reports the edge of counties in North Carolina over counties in other states in terms of credit ratings of bonds. Role of the Local Government Commission in the counties' success; Average bond rating given by Moody's for the bond issues of the state; Importance of the issues to the state.
- Growth paradox: Rise of new cities dilutes coverage of Florida county offering. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;09/24/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30485, p30
Focuses on how the creation of new cities is forcing the Volusia County, Florida, to attach weaker security than usual to its $59.3 million, sales tax-backed bond issue set for the week after September 24, 1998. Insurance of the issue through MBIA Insurance Corp.; Underlying ratings; Purpose of...
- San Jose Sets $116 Million GO Sale, Prepares for Plethora of Future Deals. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/8/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31422, p3
Reports the sale of general obligation bonds by the city in San Jose, California. Amount of the bonds; Credit ratings of the bonds; Proceeds of the bond sale.
- Philadelphia Surpasses Its Historical Average With $300 Million Tran Sale. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;7/8/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31422, p3
Reports the generation of surpassing tax and revenue anticipation bond sale by the city officials in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Amount of the bonds; Price setting of the bonds by the Commerce Capital Markets; Credit rating of the bond sale.
- Bond Votes. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/18/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31307, p33
Reports that three municipalities will ask voters to approve bonds on March 12, 2002 in the United States. Plans of other municipalities related to the approval of bonds.
- Booming Arizona Suburb Plans Record $166M Bond Proposal. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/16/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31741, p30
Reports on preparation of Chandler, Arizona for the issuance of general obligation bonds. Proceeds of the bond issuance; Amount of the bonds; Credit ratings of the city.
- Connecticut Towns' Small Deals Figure Large in State's Push to Improve Schools. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;7/16/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31181, p38
Reports that the Connecticut towns of Stratford and Newtown will sell bonds on July 18, 2001. Values of the bonds; Aim to fund school improvements; Estimated budget for school projects in 2002.
- Tough Times for Moscow. Husband, Sarah // High Yield Report;8/20/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 33, pN.PAG
Focuses on the difficulties faced by Russian municipalities in accessing the international capital markets. Regulation on the issuance of bonds by municipalities; Reluctance of the government to permit the city to issue bonds.