A Long-Term Approach
- Charter Schools: A New Option for Education...and Investors. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p16
Reports on the selling of municipal bonds to help fund charter schools. Efforts of newly created charter schools to find sources of money.
- Proposed Moratorium on Charter Schools May Help Munis. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/29/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31047, p3
Reports on the proposed moratorium by Texas lawmakers on new charter schools, and its implications for the bond market for the alternative education facilities. Recommendations made by the State House Committee on Public Education; Allegations concerning charter schools' misuse of public...
- Nonprofits Ready to Go to Work, Tap Market for Charter Schools. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;9/16/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31471, p1
Reports the effort of nonprofit organization to help charter schools gain access to the municipal bond market. Promotion of tax-exempt bond deals; Aim of lowering a charter school's cost for facility construction; Review of applications from charter schools with pressing financial needs.
- Charter School Excitement. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;09/29/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30986, p1
Reports on developments concerning charter school bonds in the United States as of September 29, 2000. Investors' key role in raising the acceptance of the bonds; Issuance by the Maricopa County, Arizona Industrial Development Authority on behalf of the Horizon Community Learning Center Project.
- In a First, New Mexico County To Issue Bonds for Charter School. Albanese, Elisabeth // Bond Buyer;11/29/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32267, p32
The article reports on the plans of Santa Fe County to issue bonds to finance charter school in New Mexico. The deal is expected to be testing ground for charter school bond issues currently in the planning stages. New Mexico law does not provide a statewide conduit issuer for charter school...
- Research digest. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;12/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30788, p7
Cites developments concerning finance in the United States. Report by Moody's Investors Service showing that charter schools will have more financial challenges to face than public ones; Report from Fixed Income Securities showing the growth of the pool of affluent investors in municipal funds.
- Schools Set to Sample Bond-Related Innovations. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;6/22/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31166, p4
Reports on the United States Department of Education's plan to focus on bond-related innovative finance for charters schools. Department's plan to introduce a demonstration program for charter schools; Congress' plan to increase funding for the credit enhancement program in 2002.
- Sarasota County, Fla., Charter School Closes on Rare Muni Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/19/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33351, p29
The article reports on the municipal bond offering that has been closed by the Sarasota School of Arts and Sciences for a Florida charter school.
- TOP 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;5/17/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33317, p6
The article offers updates related to the bond market in the U.S., including the plan of two senators to introduce legislation to permanently extend a provision in the 2009 stimulus law, the proposal of Standard & Poor's Corp. to update its methodology for rating state credits, and the proposal...