New Jersey Plans $1.9 Billion Tran Deal in Wake of Recent Budget Battle
- Accounting News: Residual rules could boost the use of NIMs. MG // Asset Securitization Report;11/19/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 44, p2
Reports the effects of the risk-based capital guidelines on the use of net-interest margin securitization in the United States. Need of banks to address the excess of tier capital sublimit; Number of banks needing such moves; Remarks of analysts on the guidelines.
- Italy charges off balance sheet; analysts wonder 'How much is too much?' // Asset Securitization Report;1/20/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p18
Determines the viability of the use of asset securitizations in terms of addressing the budget deficit of Italy. Need for state asset securitization to produce efficiency gains in the management of public sector assets; Possibility that securitization would benefit a sovereign's fiscal...
- Structured Finance Likely Savior for Municipals. // Asset Securitization Report;Sep2009, Vol. 9 Issue 16, p6
The article reports on securitization as a means to resolve budget shortfalls in some states and cities in the U.S. It mentions that California is one of the states which take the move to adopt securitization to recover from its funding shortages. It notes that local agencies that participate in...
- SELECTED UNITED STATES TAX ISSUES IN CROSS-BORDER SECURITIZATIONS. Schneider, Willys H. // Duke Journal of Comparative & International Law;Spring1998, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p453
The article discusses income tax issues that arise in cross-border securitization in the U.S. It notes the applicability of portfolio interest exemption to interest paid on registered obligations and to bearer obligations that are targeted to non-U.S. investors. The earnings stripping rules are...
- Spain ditches withholding tax for foreign buyers of ABS. N. C. // Asset Securitization Report;12/12/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 47, p19
The article presents information on the recent developments related to securitization legislation in Spain. The Spanish regulators, in an effort to bring the country up to par with the leading issuers in Europe, has continued to reshape securitization legislation. The most recent development...
- ... As Do Securities Based on Car Loans. // American Banker;3/16/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 40, p11
This article notes that the Term Asset Backed Securities Loan Facility (Talf) program of the U.S. Federal Reserve has generated a 963 million dollar asset-backed security from Ally Auto Receivables Trust of GMAC Inc. and a 580 million dollar asset-backed security from Avis Budget Group Inc.
- Oregon Governor Again Calls for Cuts, New Cash Sources. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;8/29/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31460, p36
Reports the need of an across-the-board cuts to balance the state budget according to Oregon Governor John Kitzhaber. Approval of the revenue stream; Plan on the increase of income tax; Opinion of the voters on the plan.
- Need But Not Opportunity for Change in California. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;12/27/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31541, p1
Reports on the reconsideration of California state government on its reliance on income taxes after the state's budget shortfall. Decline in revenue of the state; Plans to revise tax structures in California; Proposals to change distribution system of taxes; Debate between Democrats and...
- Voters will punish pols who raise taxes. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/22/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p53A
Comments on the income tax opted for Nassau County in response to the county's budget gap in New York. List of influential public officials who voted to create the sales tax; Idea of creating the state sales tax; Need for the politicians to choose in opting for tax increase.