Los Angeles School District to Put $3.35 Billion Bond Measure Before Voters
- Voters Turn Down $99M Michigan School District Measure. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31406, p3
Reports the rejection of a bond referendum by the voters in the Royal Oaks School District in Michigan. Resentment of voters to pay for capital improvements for additional students; Sources of funding for school districts; Negative consequence to declining state tax revenue.
- L.A.-Area School District to Default on $17 Million of Bonds. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;10/1/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31482, p34
Reports the move of the Castaic Union School District to default outstanding special tax bonds sold by a community facilities district in 1992 in California. Purpose and total amount of the tax bonds; Factors causing the unrealized school district projects despite the release on the bonds;...
- MICHIGAN: Lincoln Park Schools Drop. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;3/3/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33275, p9
The article reports on the drop of general obligation bonds issued by the Lincoln Park School District outside Detroit, Michigan from A-minus 30 million dollars to BBB-plus.
- Michigan Sets Taxable $150M Deal To Back School District Debt Service. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;4/12/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33498, p4
The article reports on the move of Michigan government to sell taxable general obligation bonds to finance loans worth 150 million dollars to help cover the debt-service payments of local school districts.
- College Loses a Close Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/24/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33522, p9
The article reports on the failure of Mainland Community College District's request for 87 million dollars of general obligation bonds in Texas.
- Newly upgraded Texas college district hopes to make splash in market. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;05/19/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30396, p26
Focuses on Texas's Odessa Junior College District's plan to issue higher education revenue bonds for the week ending May 22, 1998. Bond ratings by Standard & Poor's and Moody's; Utilization of the proceeds to pay for capital improvements; Efforts to spur enrollment through improved marketing. ...
- Detroit Schools Aim to Issue RFPs for Financial Team. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;04/10/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30867, p3
Reports the plans of Detroit City School District to issue requests for proposals (RFP) for bond counsel, financial adviser, and lead underwriter. Plans of using bond issues to build schools; Criticisms faced by the school district for its delay in issuing bonds; Implication for the district's...
- Troubled Dallas school district may seek $1.2 billion in bonding authority. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;10/27/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30508, p3
Reports that the Dallas Independent School District is planning to ask voters in Dallas, Texas for up to $1.2 million of bonding authority in 1999. Background on an internal management scandal in the school district; Claims of poor management and construction projects in schools; Hiring of...
- After Tight Vote, Another Try. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/22/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33470, p9
The article reports on the efforts made by the trustees of the Oklahoma County Independent School District No. 52 in Oklahoma, for getting the approval for a 191 million dollars bond package.