Miami's Huge Transportation Plan Hinges on Half-Cent Ballot
- CALIFORNIA: Transportation Tax Hike OK. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/29/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32826, p9
The article reports on the approval of the proposed transportation sales tax increase by the Stanislaus County Board of Supervisors in California. According to the article, the plan will be carried out before November 2008 wherein shares on local projects will be distributed to the regional...
- L.A. MTA to Refund $392 Million of Revenue Bonds. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31734, p4
Reports that the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority will bring a variable-rate refunding deal into the market in California. Year covered by the refunding deal; Security of the revenue bonds from a permanent countrywide half-cent transportation sales tax; Interest rate...
- Colorado's RTD Heading to Market With $100M Refunding. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/23/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32076, p4
No abstract available.
- Massachusetts Transit Agency to Issue $300M of New-Money Bonds. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;8/15/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32941, p4
The article reports on the plan of Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) to sell roughly $300 million of new-money bonds while the Massachusetts School Building Authority to hold off on new borrowing until 2009. A portion of its 5% sales tax for the two agencies is reserved by the...
- Early Retirement. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/8/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31736, p31
Reports on the announcement of the sufficient countywide sales tax collection by the Green Bay/Brown County Professional Football Stadium District in Wisconsin. Use of the tax collection to repay issued bonds; Total amount of sales tax collected.
- The Voters Speak. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31747, p31
Reports on the approved three bond measures in several localities in Alaska. Amount of the released general obligation bonds of schools; Rejection of bond issue to build government offices; Enactment of sales tax.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31349, p29
Reports developments on bonds in the U.S. as of March 2002. Approval of local-option sales taxes by voters; Construction of the resort and conference center by West Feliciana Parish; Debate on the sale of revenue bonds by officials in Jackson.
- Louisiana Senate Authorizes $2.2 Billion in GOs for 2003. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31406, p36
Reports the approval of general obligation bond authorizations in Louisiana. Proposal to renew sales tax on food and utilities; Use of cash raised through the tax amnesty program to pay off debt.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Williamson, Richard; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/18/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31410, p31
Reports developments related to bond issues as of June 18, 2002 in the Southwestern States. Revenue bond financing of the convention center in Phoenix, Arizona; Sales tax increase for school districts in Kansas; Nature of the conservation district elections in New Mexico.