Municipals Rise 3/8 to ï¿½ Point As Slew of New Issues Hits Market
- Financial Service Firms. // Las Vegas Business Press;2002 Book of Lists, p54
Lists several financial service firms in Las Vegas, Nevada ranked by number of investment advisory staff. Tri Star Management Inc.; Morgan Stanley; Fox & Co.; UBS PaineWebber.
- Two Illinois Suits Allege Yield Burning. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31375, p1
Reports lawsuits filed by the state's health care issuer against UBS PaineWebber Inc. and Morgan Stanley & Co. on overcharging tax refunds in Illinois. Deal of Morgan Stanley & Co. with the health care issuer; Charges filed by Attorney Clint Krislov for the two companies; Details of the cases.
- MSCI ponders weighty shift. Feinberg, Phyllis // Pensions & Investments;7/24/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p1
Reveals the plan of Morgan Stanley Capital International (MSCI) to change the way it weights companies in its indexes. Decision on whether to continue basing its stock weightings on a company's total capitalization or switch to considering only the equity available to the public; Possible...
- MSCI moves Portugal into EAFE index. // Pensions & Investments;6/9/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p17
Reports on Portugal's inclusion in the Morgan Stanley Capital International Europe Australasia Far East Index. Reference to its exclusion from the MSCI Emerging Markets Free Index; When the changeover becomes effective; Circumstances surrounding the change.
- Fund-friendly indexes. // Pensions & Investments;5/28/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p10
Editorial. Focuses on the revision of the international and global indexes of Morgan Stanley Capital international (MSCI). Purpose of the revision of the indexes; Remarks from money managers on the revised indexes of MSCI.; Effect of the revised indexes on investment funds.
- STOCK WATCH INTERNATIONAL. // PPI: Pulp & Paper International;Feb2003, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p11
Presents a graph depicting the stock index of Morgan Stanley Capital Investment in the U.S.
- Indexes have poor 3rd-quarter showing. // Pensions & Investments;10/27/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p53
Reports that The Morgan Stanley Capital International World Index gained an increase in dollar terms in the third quarter. Who recorded a decrease for the third quarter; Indentification of the best performer for emerging markets.
- Tough game of profiting from index rebalancings. Cohen, Jonathan E. // Pensions & Investments;5/13/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p12
Comments on the reconstruction of Morgan Stanley Capital International and EAFE equity indexes in the U.S. Time and resource value from the gaming index changes; Risk associated with gaming index changes; Assessment on strategies based on gaming index changes.
- Detroit Sets Up Its Largest Sewer Sale: $700M With a Swap. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/7/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31630, p32
The article reports that Detroit will come to the bond market in the third week of May 2003 with the first portion of the largest-ever deal for its sewage disposal system, which will total about 700 million dollars of variable-and fixed-rate revenue bonds and will include a substitution. The...