NEWS IN BRIEF
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew; Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;7/25/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31435, p29
Reports developments related to bond market in the U.S. as of July 2002. Financial problems of Bay Medical Center; Provision of funds for flood recovery by the state Department of Housing and Community Development; Plans of Moody's Investors Service to increase bond financing.
- New Jersey incinerators. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;09/10/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30475, p7
Focuses on Moody's Investors Service analyst John Moore and Chee Mee Hu's warning against New Jersey efforts to help counties that sold bonds for garbage-disposal facilities. Below-investment grade ratings to debt from the Atlantic County Utilities Authority, Pollution Control Financing...
- MBBI Rises 8.7% in Feb. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;03/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31094, p2
Reports on the rise in the Moody's Bankrupt Bond Index from Moody's Investors Service Inc. in the United States in February 2001.
- Bond Buyer Indexes. // Bond Buyer;2/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31326, p40
Presents average municipal bond yields of U.S. bond market as of February 15, 2002. Values of bond yields for february 14, 2002 to February 22, 2001; Use of general obligation bonds in the compilation of indexes; Maturity date for revenue bonds; EStimation of bonds and their performance rating...
- One-Year Note Index. // Bond Buyer;4/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31363, p33
Presents a chart depicting the one-year note index of bonds in the U.S. Calculation of note index; Rates given by Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. on bond issuers.
- Buffalo Gets A Double Downgrade. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31661, p1
Both Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. on June 19, 2003 downgraded Buffalo, New York, leaving the western New York city's $465 million in outstanding bonds just one step above junk bond status. George E. Pataki would compromise on legislation creating a fiscal control...
- Competitive Note Offerings. // Bond Buyer;3/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31340, p9
Presents statistical information regarding competitive note offerings in the bond market of the U.S. as of March 8, 2002. Issuer of the bonds; Amount of bonds; Expected time of sale of bonds; Ratings given to bonds by Moody's Investors Service Inc.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Williams, Rochelle; Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;7/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31426, p34
Reports development in the bond market in the U.S. as of July 2002. Bond ratings of Moody's Investors Service for Catholic Healthcare West; Decline of the general revenue fund of Idaho; Approval for the library authorization.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;3/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31803, p33
Presents information on the bond market in Far West states as of March 28, 2003.Alaska may need to issue more bonds to finance renovations at Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport that will address security needs, growth, and cover cost overruns. California's former finance director Tim...