IRS Close to Zero-Coupon Settlement
- IRS Issues Determination on Jefferson Parish, La., Bonds. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;1/11/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32546, p4
The article focuses on the decision of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) concerning the refunding bonds of Jefferson Parish in Louisiana. The IRS has taken the first step on declaring the Series 1997 refunding bonds taxable because bond proceeds were invested in an allegedly overpriced forward...
- IRS: Rice University Bonds May Not Be Tax Exempt. DePaul, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;6/27/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33738, p4
The article reports that in its preliminarily determination, the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has decided not to give tax-exempt status to the 147.18 million dollars of revenue refunding bonds issued in 2006 by Houston Higher Education Finance Corp. for William March Rice University.
- IRS Gets a Private Letter. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/11/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31055, p1
Reports on the plans by the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to launch the Tax-Exempt Advisory Committee to recommend changes to tax-exempt bond areas. Overhaul of the private-letter ruling process in tax exemptions; Basis of establishing the provisions for the exemptions according...
- IRS Rules Against Fla. CDD. DEPAUL, JENNIFER // Bond Buyer;6/6/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33924, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has ruled that Community Development District (CDD) of Florida is not a political subdivision that could issue tax-exempt bonds.
- IRS: Spokane Garage Bonds Taxable; Foundation Disagrees with Finding. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;9/17/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31224, p1
Focuses on the failure of the Spokane Downtown Foundation bonds to meet the requirements for tax-exempt status in San Francisco, California. Contradiction to the findings of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS); Summary of the violations committed by the foundation as cited by the IRS; Refusal of...
- IRS Opens, Closes S. Dakota Arbitrage Audit. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;5/29/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32888, p1
The article reports on an audit of $59.6 million of South Dakota Health and Educational Facilities Authority's 2002 revenue bonds by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. The agency opened the auditing of $59.6 million revenue bonds and then closed it in less than five weeks without a change to the...
- IRS Announces VCAP for Issuers of 501(c)(3) Bonds. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;1/5/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34236, p1
The Internal Revenue Service has established a standardized voluntary closing agreement program for issuers whose 501(c)(3) bonds benefited organizations that had their tax-exempt statuses prospectively reinstated after being revoked due to the failure to file returns for three consecutive years.
- IRS Plans Targeted Survey to Identify Arbitrage Compliance. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;12/22/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31786, p5
Reports on the evaluation of arbitrage rebate compliance among governmental bond issuers by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Assessment of the fair market value of investments purchased with bond proceeds; Conformity of selected issuers to tax-exempt bond area; Result of the alleged...
- Syracuse IDA Bonds for Carousel Center Keep Tax-Exempt Status IRS. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/20/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33682, p6
The article reports that Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has kept the tax-exempt status of the Series 2007A green bonds worth 228.1 million dollars issued by Syracuse Industrial Development Authority (IDA) of New York.