- Messitte Moves Up At Vintage, Anchor. // Publishers Weekly;10/16/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 42, p24
Reports that Anne Messitte has been named vice-president and publisher of Vintage company and Anchor Books company. Basis of her appointment; Her professional background.
- Anchor's pictorial Chinese wit & wisdom. Mantell, Suzanne // Publishers Weekly;2/7/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 6, p35
Reports on the release of cartoon books made by Taiwanese author Tsai Chih Chung. Transformation of Chinese classic into user-friendly cartoon books; Number of copies and titles in print in Chinese; Release of the cartoon collection to the American public through Anchor Books; `Zen Speaks:...
- Anchor Books to publish Susan Taylor's books. // New York Amsterdam News;2/11/95, Vol. 86 Issue 6, p33
Reports on Anchor Books' plans to publish the books `Lessons in Living' and `Confirmation: Wisdom of the Ages,' by Susan Taylor. Publication schedules; Themes of the books; Taylor's comments.
- New O. Henry editor, essay annual from Anchor. Oder, Norman // Publishers Weekly;6/3/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 23, p33
Reports on Anchor Books' hiring of Larry Dark, as its new editor for the `1996 Prize Stories: The O. Henry Awards.' Company's plan to launch `The Art of Essay,' a new annual anthology; Dark's responsibilities as editor of the awards.
- Durable dreams. Nathan, Paul // Publishers Weekly;7/8/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 28, p25
Reports that Anchor will publish a mass market reprint of the book `Eiger Dreams: Ventures Among Men and Mountains,' by Jon Krakauer in the spring of 1997.
- NEW YORK, NEW YORK. Fickenscher, Lisa; Flamm, Matthew; Massey, Daniel; Pasquarelli, Adrianne; Block, Valerie // Crain's New York Business;2/14/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p6
The article offers news briefs from the U.S. The company Great Performances will be delivering produce of its organic farm to companies in New York City in June 2011. Drummer Max Weinberg will be taking temporary residency at Maritime hotel, New York City on February 14, 2011 to lead a band...
- TALK OF THE TRADE. Abbott, Charlotte; Roback, Diane; Scharf, Michael // Publishers Weekly;11/7/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 44, p21
This section presents an update on the book trade in the U.S. as of November 2005. Anchor Books has talk radio, the tabloids and hip-hop blogs aflame about Queens Reign Supreme: Fat Cat, 50 Cent and the Rise of the Hip-Hop Hustler by music journalist Ethan Browne, weeks before the 75,000-copy...
- Is the Universe Mathematical? MICHAEL, GEORGE // Skeptic;2015, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p55
No abstract available.
- "THE LOST SYMBOL" Patel, Kunur // Advertising Age;11/16/2009, Vol. 80 Issue 39, p14
The article examines marketing by the publisher Knopf Doubleday for the book "The Lost Symbol," by Dan Brown. The company created puzzles related to the book which were presented on Web sites of leading booksellers and pages for author Brown on online social networks. At the same time, it did...