Home-made by the lovely Jade
- Television's women. Walsh, Mary Ann // America;3/9/1996, Vol. 174 Issue 8, p4
Comments on the portrayal of women on television. Study titled `Women and Minorities on Television'; Absence of religious values from television programs; Message of concern from Pope John Paul II.
- Captain unconscious. Sivorinovsky, Alina // New Moon Network;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the number of women in charges of various positions on television. Reference to Kate Mulgrew as Captain Kathryn Janeway in the television series `Star Trek: Vogager'; Number of hours children view television a week; Details on television's working women in the 1950s and in the 1960s.
- Where the girls are. Tobenkin, David // Broadcasting & Cable;7/24/95, Vol. 125 Issue 30, p46
Reports the expected trends in portrayal of women in the lead characters in syndicated kids shows during 1995-1996. Information on some syndicated kids shows based on female characters; Previous failure of similar attempts to attract female audience; Opinion of station executives about the...
- Women get more Cybillized. Sharkey, Betsy // MediaWeek;11/03/97, Vol. 7 Issue 41, p28
Highlights the study conducted by California-based San Diego State University School of Communication professors Martha Lauzen and David Dozier focusing on how female lead roles in prime-time television comedies present themselves as images of strength and control. Female characters portraying...
- No free lunch. // Broadcasting & Cable;09/29/97, Vol. 127 Issue 40, p18
Reports on the Women in Cable and Telecommunications' fund-raising program as of September 29, 1997.
- When will a woman host a late-night show? Krupp, Charla // Glamour;Apr94, Vol. 92 Issue 4, p177
Presents women capable of hosting a late night television show. Rosie O'Donnell; Mo Gaffney; Paula Poundstone; Tracey Ullman; Robin Quivers; Carrie Fisher.
- Absolut-ly fabulous. Marin, Rick; Cohen, Alden // Newsweek;11/20/1995, Vol. 126 Issue 21, p81
Relates that, in 1995, the prototype for sitcom women is an older bad girl who parties hard, chases young male flesh, and does not remember a thing in the morning. The British comedy, `Absolutely Fabulous,' about a pair of aging bimbos; The character of Maryann, on the television comedy,...
- It's not easy being a woman, especially if you're the lead of a TV movie. // Adweek Western Edition;10/10/94, Vol. 44 Issue 41, p20
Focuses on the image of the put-upon woman as reflected in television mini-series and made-for-TV-movies for the 1994-1995 season. Portrayal of single mothers; `Where Are My Children'; `Against Their Will: Women in Prison'; `Because Mommy Works'; `The Sandra Prine Story'; `Beyond Betrayal'; `I...
- TV fashion: How would it look on you? // Redbook;Aug95, Vol. 185 Issue 4, p25
Focuses on the use of casual clothing by female characters in television programs in the United States. Favorite shopping venues; Woman-tailored shapes as a trend for fall 1995.