OLD BRANDS, NEW HANDS
- 'Coffee weak on profit-taking' // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);10/28/2002, Vol. 3 Issue 43, p74
Emphasizes the significance of commodities to the 'Journal of Commerce' coverage. Basic industries that are important to the magazine; Significance of the magazine's acquisition of Commodity News Service in 1961.
- Canada calls, Australia beckons. Frith, Damon // BRW;10/21/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 41, p69
The author discusses the results of a study by investment bank Credit Suisse which showed a growth in the merger and acquisition deals between Australia and Canada. He cites several similarities between the Australian and Canadian market, including capital markets and economies geared towards...
- Embedded instruments. Nelson, Rick // Test & Measurement World;Dec2007/Jan2008, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p7
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the best in test products and test-related software and another on Asset's increased of embedded instrument technology with the acquisition of International Test Technologies.
- prices digest. // Grocer;3/24/2012, p16
This section offers news briefs concerning the commodity sector which include the acquisition of Canadian grain trader Viterra by Glencore, impact of the indefinite strike launched by truckers in Argentina on soy and maize harvests, and the completion of the genetic mapping of biofuel crop...
- Tracey Booth. // Packaging News;Nov2014, p63
In this article, the author herself the new account manager at packaging design specialist PPS reveals her role and some industry changes including acquisition of PPS by Inner Workings, marketing execution firm, increase in sales of luxury brands, and commoditization.
- Carrier Acquires E.B. Ward & Co. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/8/2007, Vol. 232 Issue 6, p6
The article reports that Carrier Corp. has completed its acquisition of E.B. Ward & Co./Valair in Farmington, Connecticut. According to its president Geraud Darnis, the acquisition strengthens its rapidly expanding company-operated sales and distribution network in California. The acquired...
- Demco Books Itself an Acquisition. Miller, Paul // Catalog Age;Jul2003, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the acquisition of New York-based Gaylord Inc. by Wisconsin-based Demco Inc. Range of merchandise sold by the two companies; Retention of librarian customers by Gaylord; Continuation of marketing activities of the Gaylord business from Liverpool, New York.
- BUSINESS DIGEST. // Wood & Wood Products;Nov2006, Vol. 111 Issue 12, p20
The article offers world news briefs related to woodworking industry. Titus International PLC, a woodworking company in Great Britain has acquired Huwil Group of Germany. Stanley Furniture Co. Inc. announced its decline of sales during the third quarter of 2006 by 11.3 percent compared to the...
- Market And Welfare Effects Of Multi-Product Mergers With Reference To Tyson-IBP Merger. Azzam, Azzeddine; Bouras, David // Journal of Business & Economics Research;Dec2013, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p521
In this paper, we provide a conceptual framework for analyzing the market and welfare effects of mergers that result in multiproduct firms producing strongly demand-related products and derive the conditions under which such type of mergers improve welfare. The Tyson-IBP merger is used as an...