...Marketers given a say in BBC and C4 output
- BAD MONTH FOR. // Televisual;Dec2015, p13
The article offers news briefs related to the British television industry, as of December 2015, on topics including a lawsuit faced by television personality Jeremy Clarkson, proposed privatization of the Channel4, and a documentary of the channel British Broadcasting Corp.
- THE WEEK. // Campaign (UK);9/12/2008, Issue 36, p5
The article offers news briefs related to advertising in Great Britain. The Direct Marketing Commission, a self-regulatory body for the British direct marketing sector, is launched earlier in September 2008. British Broadcasting Corp. and Channel 4 are in preliminary talks to form a commercial...
- Marketing finds its way to the top of Channel 4. Higham, Nick // Marketing Week;7/8/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p21
Looks into the impact of the appointment of Andy Duncan as marketing director of Channel 4 to the plans of the public service broadcaster, replacing mark Thompson. Career history of Duncan with BBC; Challenge facing Duncan in his post at Channel 4.
- New 4 chief says he has goods for job. Bennett, Ray // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/6/2004, Vol. 384 Issue 31, p45
Great Britain broadcaster Channel 4's new chief executive, Andy Duncan, said that his experience in marketing is right for challenges the company faces in the digital television world. Duncan is the first Channel 4 chief without a news and programming background. He spent years marketing...
- Cautious welcome for Thompson BBC move. Lee, Jeremy // Campaign;5/28/2004, Issue 22, p5
Disappointment at the departure of Mark Thompson from Channel 4 has been tempered with optimism that British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) will become a less ratings-obsessed organization under his command, according to agencies. As the chief executive, Thompson, who was unanimously appointed to the...
- New ITV drama brings down the roof (nearly). // Campaign;7/16/2004, Issue 29, p40
While many toil away in the over-heated office sweatshops with nothing more exciting than a limp rubber plant for a view, spare a thought for the inhabitants of the ITN building on Gray's Inn Road. For example, this is the building that earlier this year saw an irate Alistair Campbell burst into...
- WHAT'S ON. // Regeneration & Renewal;10/17/2008, p40
The article lists the regeneration programs featured on television and radio in Great Britain including "The Food Programme," on October 19 at Radio 4, "The Truth About Your Energy Bill," on October 20 at Channel 4 and "All Over the Shop," on October 21 at British Broadcasting Corp. 2 (BBC2).
- BBC, Channel 4 join for films. Bateman, Louise // Hollywood Reporter;9/19/95, Vol. 339 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the short-films joint venture of British Broadcasting Corp. Television and Channel 4. Financial commitment; Aim of venture to develop the talents of British directors; Terms of agreement.
- Consortium in ...200m TV racing rights deal. Bech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);2/10/2000, p8
Reports on a deal between TV broadcasters Channel 4, BBC and Premium TV and the Super 12 consortium which guarantees them worldwide TV rights to racing at 12 of Great Britain's leading racecourses for a ten-year period. Value of the deal; Terms under the deal; Joint venture between Channel 4...