Marketing posts axed in FilmFour closure
- FilmFour fall rocks indies. Harris, Dana; Lyons, Charles // Daily Variety;7/9/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 25, p1
Focuses on the closure of FilmFour in Great Britain. Impact of the closure on the movie industry; Total loss of the company; Motion pictures produced by FilmFour.
- FILMFOUR IN 30-DAY LIMBO. Dawtrey, Adam // Variety;8/5/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 11, p11
Deals with the announcement on the closure of FilmFour company as of August 2002.
- FilmFour's dismantling nears. Kemp, Stuart // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/9/2002, Vol. 374 Issue 10, p10
Reports the closure of business operations of the FilmFour Ltd. Reaction on the channel decision; Implication of the dramatic operational changes; Management schemes.
- FilmFour revamps strategy for twin subscriber drive. Mutel, Glen // Precision Marketing;1/11/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p3
Reports that FilmFour Ltd. is switching the focus of its below-the-line marketing activity. Reason for the move; Additional marketing elements; First stage of FilmFour's strategy.
- FilmFour seeks subs boost with 'British Month' // Precision Marketing;4/5/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p3
Reports on an integrating campaign to be launched by FilmFour for the promotion of British Film Month. Details on the campaign; Aim of the campaign.
- FilmFour adds three digital movie channels. Kemp, Stuart // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/20/2001, Vol. 367 Issue 25, p12
Reports on the plan of Filmfour to launch three additional digital services. FilmFour World's packaging of foreign-language titles; Films that would be screened by FilmFour Extreme.
- That shrinking Feeling. Macnab, Geoffrey // Sight & Sound;Oct2002, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p18
Focuses on the bankruptcy of FilmFour Ltd. in Great Britain. Failure of produced films to generate revenue; Interest of several media companies in acquiring FilmFour; Background of the company.
- Webster spells out changes at FilmFour. Dawtrey, Adam // Variety;05/29/2000, Vol. 379 Issue 2, p4
Offers a look at the management strategies of producer Paul Webster as the chief executive officer of FilmFour, the movie arm of Channel 4. Contributions to the company; Changes he made on FilmFour's business practices and creative relationships; Shifts in the company's production strategy;...
- FilmFour launches offensive to pull in 'movie buff' subscribers. Brown, Curtis // Precision Marketing;10/3/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p1
Describes the plans of FilmFour to overhaul its direct marketing to create a customer database. Customer acquisition strategy of the company to raise subscriptions and bolster its e-marketing database.