ASA rebuffs GSK's complaints about Coca-Cola's Powerade
- Coca-Cola and NME team up for instant-win music promo. // Marketing Week;8/1/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p12
Reports the team up of Coca-Cola UK with music magazine 'NME' for the launching of a music promotion in Great Britain. News on the partnership of Pepsi with clubbing brand, Cream; Anniversary celebration of NME; Use of sexual imagery by the bottling company in its outdoor campaign.
- Harry Potter magic fails to boost Coca-Cola's UK sales. Johnson, Branwell // Marketing Week;12/13/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p5
Reports the failure of Coca-Cola Great Britain and the movie 'Harry Potter' promotional deal to increase the sales of the cola category in Great Britain. Comparison between the UK and United States' sales; Factors behind the failure to increase sales; Market share of Coca-Cola.
- Mother wins 5m pound Dr Pepper brief. // Marketing Week;11/23/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p12
Informs that Coca-Cola UK has handed its Dr. Pepper creative advertising account to Mother. Development of the first local advertising for the brand anywhere outside the United States; Part of Coca-Cola Co.'s 'think local, act local' strategy; Re-appointment of the London office of Wieden &...
- Soul wins 3m pounds Fanta account. Wilkinson, Amanda // Marketing Week;11/30/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p11
Announces that Coca-Cola Great Britain has appointed advertising agency Soul to handle the soft drink maker's Fanta account. Value of the account; Competitors of Soul for the Fanta account; Annual growth rate of Fanta since its relaunching in 1997.
- ASA scolds Coke over Fanta Z ads. // Marketing Week;7/7/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p5
Reports developments related to advertising in Great Britain. Censure of the Fanta Z advertisement of Coca-Cola UK by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) for encouraging bad behavior among children; Support of a complaint against an Accurist press advertisement by ASA; Ruling of ASA...
- Power Trips. Lippert, Barbara // Adweek Western Edition;9/3/2001, Vol. 51 Issue 36, p18
Criticizes the television advertisements created by Wieden + Kennedy for the Powerade sports drink. Status of the product in the market; Description of the spots.
- Coke Loss Leads to Cut at Wieden. Sampey, Kathleen; Benezra, Karen // Adweek Midwest Edition;10/8/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 41, p50
Presents information on the termination of the advertising contract of the agency Wieden + Kennedy with Coca-Cola in the U.S. Significance of the move to the dismissal of employees at the advertising agency; Advertising agencies that will handle the account of Coca-Cola; Advertising plans of...
- Families of Premier League players star in W&K Coke idents. // Campaign;8/17/2001, Issue 33, p8
Focuses on the inclusion of the families of the top players of the Premier League in the advertisement of Coca-Cola created by Weiden and Kennedy Amsterdam.
- CCGB helps sports charity. // Morning Advertiser;10/21/2010, Issue 515, p27
The article offers information on the involvement of Coca-Cola Great Britain (CCGB) with a charity that allows young people to participate in sports in Great Britain.