Council probe forces Virgin Energy to suspend marketing
- LE marketer nets Virgin Energy job. Kleinman, Mark // Marketing (00253650);7/27/2000, p2
Announces the departure of London Electricity's chief marketer, Simon Carter, after five years to join Virgin Energy as commercial director. Profile on Carter; Background on Virgin Energy; Carter's replacement at London; Reason for moving to Virgin.
- Web masters. Cross, Luke // Utility Week;1/25/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p12
Evaluates three electric utility Web sites. London Electricity; Virgin Energy; Basic Power.
- Southern Electric region. // Utility Week;1/18/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p22
Presents figures on the savings of customers from the services offered by utility companies in Great Britain as of January 2002. London Electricity and Gas; Virgin Energy; Powergen; Severn Trent Online; Amerada Online.
- Virgin Energy rapped for mis-selling. // Utility Week;7/12/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p5
Reports on the fraudulent issues associated with the sales agents of Virgin Energy in London, England as of July 12, 2002. Examples of the fraudulent activities being done by the energy company's agents; Actions undertaken by the London Electricity regarding the fraudulent issues associated...
- LE gains control of Virgin Energy. Singh, Sonoo // Marketing Week;7/12/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p5
Reports on the consolidation of British energy company Virgin Energy into London Electricity PLC (LE) after LE bought a controlling stake in Virgin. Questions on the future role of Virgin's managing director Jon Kinsey; Names of executives that will run LE.
- Virgin Energy to join Virgin Home umbrella brand. // Marketing (00253650);5/16/2002, p3
Reports on the plan of LE Group to relaunch Virgin Energy brand under the name Virgin Home in Great Britain.
- LE Group seeks agency for Â£10m pooled task. Kleiman, Mark // Marketing (00253650);5/16/2002, p8
Reports on the move of LE Group in reviewing direct marketing accounts for the London Electricity and SWEB brands in Great Britain. Plan of LE Group to move into the telecoms market; Concern of the company on customer relationship management; Amount spent by the company on direct marketing.
- BRIEFS. // Marketing (00253650);11/18/1999, p5
Reports on developments in marketing in Great Britain for the period ended November 18, 1999. London Electricity's review of its brand with a possible name change in line with its expansion outdie the capital; Fujifilm's sponsorship of the football World Cup 2002 and the Euro 2000 football...
- First TV drive for London Electricity. // Marketing Week;12/10/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p8
Presents information on the first television campaign for London Electricity. Information on London Electricity's sponsorship of LWT's weather bulletins; Theme of the campaign.