Palestinian Representative Speaks to National Press Club
- LETTER FROM WASHINGTON. // National Review;11/20/1987, Vol. 39 Issue 22, p14
Comments U.S. President Ronald Reagan's press conference on the stock market. Television coverage of the press conference; Decision to allow camera position across the Blue Room; Reagan's opinion on proposed solutions to the Wall Street meltdown.
- Exchange with reporters prior to discussions with Prime... // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;12/1/97, Vol. 33 Issue 48, p1912
Presents an exchange between United States President Bill Clinton and reporters. Effect of the Asian financial crisis on the United States; Necessity of Japan to bailout from the International Monetary Fund (IMF); Participation of developing nations on the International Agreement on Greenhouse...
- Economists Want Housing GSEs Privatized. Whisenant, Ben // American Banker;5/4/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 85, p18
The Shadow Open Market Committee was added to the list of supporters for the idea of privatizing of Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp. and Federal National Mortgage Association on May 3, 2004. At a press conference, the group of economists cited "excessive lobbying, accounting scandals, and...
- Canadian Liaison Meetings--The Epitome of Getting Involved. Alicandri, Vincent // Tax Executive;Winter2008, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p398
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including the agendas for four liaison meetings between the members of the Tax Executives Institute (TEI) and government officials in Ottawa, Canada.
- Drive to increase federal research funding begins with `A Decade of Investment.' // Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society;Dec97, Vol. 78 Issue 12, p2910
Presents information on a press conference, on 22 October, called `A Decade of Investment.' Information on the `Unified Statement of Research'; What the statement calls for; Details on an announcement of the introduction of S.1305, The National Research Investment Act of 1998; Recommendations...
- Chomsky praises Venezuela's revolution. Suggett, James // Green Left Weekly;9/9/2009, Issue 809, p15
The article reports that Noam Chomsky, U.S. author and Professor of Linguistics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, met Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez at the press conference on August 31, 2009 wherein Chavez referred Chomsky as one of the best defenders of peace.
- The President's news conference. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;10/30/95, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p1933
Presents a press conference for US President Bill Clinton on October 25, 1995. Clinton's speech on his administration's achievements; Views on the impact of his legislative vetoes; Attempts to facilitate his administration's relations with Republican politicians.
- Media Alert: Press Conference in Democratic Republic of Congo. // African Business News;4/23/2014, p15
The article presents information on a press conference that will announce the first accomplishments of Public Private Partnership in Democratic Republic of Congo to be held in May 6, 2014.
- Turkey Seeks France's Help in EU Bid. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;10/11/2010, p31
Brief information is given about an October 12, 2010 press conference in Ankara, Turkey held by Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu and his French counterpart Bernard Kouchner concerning Turkey's accession to the European Union.