Options to Expand Highway Trust Fund Explored; House Panel Talks Gas Tax
- How badly do you want the railroads? Phillips, Don // Trains;Apr2002, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p15
Presents an explanation to the surface transport legislation discussed by the U.S. Congress which focused on the highway trust fund in January 2002. Implication of the legislation to Amtrak and freight railroads; Provision of the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act which was passed...
- Dim Outlook for Long-Term HTF Fix. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/19/2014, Issue 34213, p1
The failure of Congress to agree on sustainable, long-term federal transportation funding is leading to more local solutions.
- DOT's Mendez Sees Highway Funding at Crossroads. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/19/2014, Issue 34213, p1
President Obama is pushing for Congress to take up his proposed $302 billion, four-year Grow America Act before the extension of the Highway Trust Fund expires in May, a top Transportation Department official said Tuesday at The Bond Buyer's Transportation Finance/P3 Conference.
- Special fund approved for disabled Texans. // American Rehabilitation;Winter90, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p28
Focuses on the Comprehensive Medical Rehabilitation Trust Fund which was signed into law by Governor Ann Richards and administered by Texas Rehabilitation Commission (TRC). Sponsors of the bill; Functions of the bill; Revenue estimated by the conservative; Expectation of TRC to the trust fund. ...
- Acting as a trustee can cost heavily according to recent U.S. court ruling. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/24/94 - 1/31/94, Vol. 5 Issue 46, p16
Discusses the financial responsibilities of acting as a trustee of an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP). Case of Valley National Bank in Phoenix; Need for trustees to have an independent business valuation firm review the company's financial statements prior to purchase of the shares.
- Control of trust-held companies by trustees. Becker, Frank T. // Journal of Corporation Law;Fall93, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p41
Discusses the approaches providing fiduciaries clearer guidance in the context of trustees' control of trusts. Management as resulting from the trustee's ability to control stock; Application of fiduciary standard to control; Creation of dual responsibility levels when a trustee assumes a...
- 6 commit $24 million to MEPT fund. // Pensions & Investments;8/22/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p43
Reports the increase in net asset value of the Multi-Employer Property Trust due to the $24 million combined commitment of six pension funds. Funds that made new commitments to the MEPT for the year; Reflection of the conviction of pension plans on equity real estate as an asset class; Dramatic...
- Flip unitrusts permitted by proposed regs. Underwood, J. Gary // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/6/98, Vol. 102 Issue 27, p19
Details the proposed regulations on flip unitrusts issued in the United States. Support of the US Internal Revenue Service to the proposal; Background on unitrusts; Characteristics of a flip unitrust.
- SIFE playing it safe in case of selloff. Kaplan, Daniel // American Banker;7/11/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 131, p22
Reports on the SIFE Trust Fund's increase of its cash position. Preparation for a possible selloff of bank stocks in 1995; Lessons learned from the bear market in banks in the second half of 1994; Plans to lower standards for investments; Opinion of industry observers about the fund's strategy.