Court Upholds Bush Order
- COST-BENEFIT DEFAULT PRINCIPLES. Sunstein, Cass R. // Michigan Law Review;Jun2001, Vol. 99 Issue 7, p1651
Assesses the cost-benefit default principles created by the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia. When the presumption in favor of the principles might be rebutted; Question of whether agencies should be required to do what the cost-benefit default principles permit them...
- Court confirms $10,000 limit on surety claims. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Aug2010, Vol. 167 Issue 8, p39
The article discusses a court case wherein the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit confirmed that an insurance company's liability under a 10,000-dollars surety bond provided to freight broker Sam's Transportation is limited at a total of 10,000-dollars and not at...
- Gun Laws Are Necessary. // Washington Informer;10/6/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 99, p22
The article discusses a court decision wherein the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia upheld the gun-ownership regulations that ban semi-automatic assault rifles and massive ammunitions in Washington, D.C.
- E15 opponents unhappy with court decision. Moore, Miles // Rubber & Plastics News;9/3/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p13
The article presents information on the August 2012 ruling by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, which is said to bring the use of fuel having 15 percent ethanol, one step closer to reality.
- APGA Files Motion. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/27/2013, Vol. 249 Issue 4, p4
The article reports that a motion for reconsideration has been filed by the organization American Public Gas Association (APGA) with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. District asking the court to reconsider its order which stayed enforcement of the regional furnace standard rule.
- US Appeals Court: Americans Born in Jerusalem are Not from 'Israel'. // Israel Faxx;7/22/2013, Vol. 21 Issue 139W, p6
The article reports that the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia upheld the State Department's refusal to list Israel as the country of birth for Americans born in Jerusalem.
- Trailblazer becomes top US judge. // South Asian Post;5/30/2013, p11
The article announces that Indian-American Srikanth Srinivasan was appointed as a judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, Washington D.C.
- Court denies Cherokee appeal on Freedmen ruling. KREHBIEL-BURTON, LENZY // Native American Times;3/21/2013, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p2
The article informs that U.S. Court of Appeals has denied a rehear request from Cherokee Nation on a case related to decision over the legal case Vann v. Salazar which was related to ruling over freedman issue.
- Rules Set for BitTorrent Case. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;1/4/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p20
The article reports that the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit has scheduled the decision on the Federal Communications Commission's BitTorrent case on January 8, 2010 as requested by Comcast Inc.
- Court Rejects Bid to Void Program Access. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;3/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p4
The article reports that the bid by Cablevision Systems Corp. and Comcast Corp. for the program access rules was denied by the U.S. Court of Appeals DC Circuit.