Utah Looks Forward to Healthy Response to $268M GO Offering
- Appreciating U.S. saving and investment. Dewald, William G.; Ulan, Michael // Business Economics;Jan1992, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p42
Questions the validity of some standard national saving and investment statistics in the United States. Standard evidence of inadequate saving and investment; Increase in gross saving and investment in the 1980s; Higher real saving and investment than nominal saving and investment in the 1980s;...
- A reply to Dewald and Ulan. Hoover, Dennis K. // Business Economics;Jan1992, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p47
Comments on an article by William G. Dewald and Michael Ulan questioning the validity of some standard national saving and investment statistics in the United States. Rejection of the author's argument that low saving is a major economic problem in the country; Standard definition of saving;...
- New businesses. // Business News New Jersey;12/27/95, Vol. 8 Issue 24, p34
Looks at the New Jersey's economy and new business formations. Incorporated not able to cover forms of business structures available to carry out ventures; New business corporations reasonably strong since 1975.
- Save more, earn more in 1998. Loeb, Marshall // Business News New Jersey;01/19/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p14
Presents tips on how to save and earn more money in 1998. Details on taxes; Indepth look at how to save; Information on what to do in order to cut down on medical bills; Detailed information on investment; How investing in children's names can help save money.
- Global savings and investment. // Economic Trends (07482922);Nov95, p18
Reports that as global capital markets became increasingly integrated, worldwide influences on savings, investment and real-interest-rate patterns will tend to dominate country-specific developments. Group of Ten (G10) countries' study; Past 35 years; Capital market rates; Population trends;...
- National savings trends. // Economic Trends (07482922);Oct97, p16
Deals with the national savings trends in the United States. Savings rates from 1960 to 1996; Net national product, private and government consumption; Net national savings rate adjusted for durables purchases; Personal savings rate and net taxes.
- Savings Rates. // Economic Trends (07482922);Sep98, p6
Presents information on savings rates in the United States, revealing that a decline has been noted since the beginning of the 1980s. Trends observed about saving rates; Increase in consumers' purchase of consumer goods; Identification of several saving strategies.
- The decline in U.S. saving and its implications for... Harris, Ethan S.; Steindel, Charles // Quarterly Review (01476580);Winter90/91, Vol. 15 Issue 3/4, p1
Examines the saving data and finds that concerns about the low saving rate are indeed well founded. An overview of the 1980s decline in U.S. saving; Consequences of the saving decline; The benefits of a saving recovery; Conclusion. INSET: Box: The stock market as a measure of saving..
- The baby boom generation and aggregate savings. Cantor, Richard; Yuengert, Andrew // Quarterly Review (01476580);Summer/Fall94, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p76
Presents an analysis of demographic trends and survey measures of savings and income which suggests that the expectations of analysts in a resurgence in national savings may be ill founded. Life-cycle savings, demographic trends and aggregate savings; Projected impact of demographic trends on...