Municipals Hold, Treasuries Dive; N.Y.C., Puerto Rico Offerings Sell
- Is pessimism so widespread? // Dow Theory Forecasts;10/7/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 40, p2
Assesses consumer confidence by taking into account attitudes concerning both the present economic climate and expectations regarding future economic conditions. Reasons for low level of consumer sentiment in the United States; Role of consumer sentiments in gauging individuals attitudes...
- Municipal Bond Prices End Mixed as Treasuries Slump on Late Stock Gains. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;6/25/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31415, p2
Reports the decline of Treasury bonds in the U.S. Presence of risk in stock market; Benefit of the flight-to-quality bid to the municipal market; Inability of the market to capitalize early Treasury gains.
- MBS Recap: Record-setting times. // Asset Securitization Report;9/30/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 38, p20
Focuses on the performance of the mortgage market in the U.S. Status of the Treasury yields in the equity market; Benefits of sectors from flight-to-quality bid; Increase in the mortgage applications of the Mortgage Bankers Association.
- Risk-free investing of the '90s a thing of the past. Gardner, Chris // Business Journal (Central New York);8/1/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p10
Discusses the techniques in assessing the risks and return in stock market investments in the U.S. Average maturity of treasury bonds; Identification of the outermost returns of stock market investments; Importance of understanding the risks in investing an asset.
- A BETTER DEAL ON TREASURIES. Teitelbaum, Richard S.; Hylton, Richard D. // Fortune;2/20/1995, Vol. 131 Issue 3, p112
Informs that in February 1995 the American Stock Exchange is introducing a new market for Treasury notes and bonds that will guarantee investors bid-ask spreads of just a quarter point. How this differs from the way things were done in the past; Benefits to small investors; How to use the new...
- Bank Stocks Surge on News Of Two Rate Hikes Overseas. KEENAN, CHARLES // American Banker;11/5/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 214, p20
Presents news on the stock markets for November 4, 1999. Effect of a rally in the United States Treasury bonds.
- Treasuries feed off of Wall Street's slump. Patterson, Dean // Bond Buyer;08/19/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30212, p2
Reports on the strong performance of the Treasury bond market on August 18, 1997 amid the weakness in the stock market. Ten-year notes; Five-year notes; Three-month bills; Mixed trading volume.
- Fear Factor. Maggs, John // National Journal;8/3/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 31, p2294
Provides information on the U.S. stock market as of August 2002. Events in the market predicted by stock market analyst Henry Weingarten; Reason for the importance of consumer confidence on stock exchanges; Factors that affect consumer confidence.
- VAs Will Survive The Current Financial Climate. Blazzard, Norse N.; Hasenauer, Judith A. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/8/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 41, p17
Presents views on the condition of variable annuities in light of the economic downturn in the United States stocks market in 2001. Reason for insurers' reluctance to offer their fixed annuity products; Status of consumer confidence; Advantages of variable annuities.