Localization of a Position Effect Element that Affects Alcohol Dehydrogenase Transgene Expression in Drosophila melanogaster
- The Influence of 2-Propanol and Acetone on Oviposition Rate and Oviposition Site Preference for Acetic Acid and Ethanol of Drosophila melanogaster. Eisses, Karel Th. // Behavior Genetics;
Drosophila melanogaster strains, homozygous for the alcohol dehydrogenase alleles Adh [sup F] , Adh [sup S] , and Adh [sup n4] respectively, were tested for oviposition site preference with a Multiple Choice Device consisting of 18 patches per choice disk. Equal numbers of patches with ethanol-,...
- Drosophila alcohol dehydrogenase polymorphism and carbon-13 fluxes: Opportunities for epistasis... Freriksen, Astrid; de Ruiter, Barbara L.A. // Genetics;Aug94, Vol. 137 Issue 4, p1071
Studies the influence of genetic conversions in Drosophila alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) on steady-state metabolic fluxes through 13C nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. Events in the tricarboxylic acid (TCA) cycle; Glutamate branch point to glutamine and proline synthesis; Results after the...
- The effect of an intronic polymorphism on alcohol dehydrogenase expression in Drosophila... Laurie, Cathy C.; Stam, Lynn F. // Genetics;Oct94, Vol. 138 Issue 2, p379
Examines the alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) expression in the fly Drosophila melanogaster. Effect of associations among sequence polymorphisms; Effect of first Adh intron on ADH protein level; Role of multisite selection models.
- Sex, flies and microarrays. Churchill, Gary A.; Oliver, Brian // Nature Genetics;Dec2001, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p355
In a typical microarray study, experimental RNA samples are compared to a reference sample and expression ratios are clustered. A new study of the effects of sex, aging and genotype on gene expression in Drosophila melanogaster departs from this paradigm. Highly replicated comparisons generate...
- Molecular Identification of virilizer, a Gene Required for the Expression of the Sex-Determining.... Niessen, Markus; Schneiter, Roger // Genetics;Feb2001, Vol. 157 Issue 2, p679
Examines the molecular identification of the virilizer gene necessary for the Sex-lethal sex-determining gene expression exhibited in Drosophila melanogaster. Related studies on the sex-lethal gene; Description of vir protein structure and subcellular localization; Analysis of vir mutations;...
- Dntf-2r, a Young Drosophila Retroposed Gene With Specific Male Expression Under Positive Darwinian Selection. Bertán, Esther; Long, Manyuan // Genetics;Jul2003, Vol. 164 Issue 3, p977
A direct approach to investigating new gene origination is to examine recently evolved genes. We report a new gene in the Drosophila melanogaster subgroup, Drosophila nuclear transport factor-2-related (Dntf-2r). Its sequence features and phylogenetic distribution indicate that Dntf-2r is a...
- Evolution of gene expression in the Drosophila melanogaster subgroup. Rifkin, Scott A.; Junhyong Kim; White, Kevin P. // Nature Genetics;Feb2003, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p138
Little is known about broad patterns of variation and evolution of gene expression during any developmental process. Here we investigate variation in genome-wide gene expression among Drosophila simulans, Drosophila yakuba and four strains of Drosophila melanogaster during a major developmental...
- Genes expressed in the ring gland, the major endocrine organ of Drosophila melanogaster. Harvie, Peter D.; Filippova, Maria; Bryant, Peter J. // Genetics;May98, Vol. 149 Issue 1, p217
Discusses the expression of genes in the ring gland, the major endocrine organ of Drosophila melanogaster. Why an enhancer-trap approach was used; Information on the expression of genes detected by these enhancer traps; Reference to the performance of all polymerase chain reaction (PCR) reactions.
- Statistical issues in functional genomics: temperature-dependent gene expression in Drosophila melanogaster. Wayne, M.L.; Harshman, L.G.; Simonsen, K.L.; Salmon, A. // Nature Genetics;Nov99 Supplement, Vol. 23, p81
Presents an abstract for the article on the temperature-dependent gene expression in Drosophila melanogaster.