THE BRAND PLAYED ON
- Material Girl's World Grows With New Lines At Macy's. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/18/2011, Vol. 202 Issue 11, p1
The article focuses on the partnerships among Macy's Inc., Iconix Brand Group Inc., and singer Madonna to launch an array of product categories for the Material Girl brand including social dresses, outerwear, and beauty products. It says that the said move for the said brand arrives as Macy's...
- At Deadlineâ€¦. // Brandweek;6/12/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 24, p3
The article presents news briefs on brand management in the U.S. as of June 2006. Singer Madonna has selected several of her dancers from her Confessions Tour for the global campaign of "H&M" apparel. HSBC plans to broadcast a golf-themed television spot. Actress Camilla Belle will be the...
- Madonna Slated to Be Feted At 1998 VH1 Fashion Awards. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/8/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 68, p2
Announces that Madonna, a music performer, will be honored at the 1998 VH1 Fashion Awards on October 23. Information on the Versace Award; Recipient of 1997 award; Features of the event.
- `Blond ambition' and banzai bustiers: Madonna launches a throbbing world tour in Tokyo. Brower, M.; Gold, T. // People;5/7/90, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p56
Describes Madonna's latest tour, which began in Japan and includes music, costumes and choreography designed to make statements about the church, sexuality, cross-sexuality, and other controversial issues. The United States leg of the tour is dubbed Blond Ambition, and opens in Houston.
- Behind her now, the toys of her past. // People;4/29/96, Vol. 45 Issue 17, p48
Presents photographs of Madonna with some of her past romantic interests. Jellybean Benitez; Sean Penn; Warren Beatty; Tony Ward; Dennis Rodman; Sandra Bernhard.
- Labor of love. Gold, Todd // People;10/28/96, Vol. 46 Issue 18, p48
Reports that Madonna had her baby October 21, 1996 in Los Angeles' Good Samaritan Hospital. Lourdes Maria Ciccone Leon weighed in at 6 lbs 9 oz; Madonna's view of her daughter's birth; Lourdes' father Carlos Leon's view of the birth; How Madonna is handling the changes Lourdes has brought...
- Now, the 60-million-dollar woman. // U.S. News & World Report;5/4/92, Vol. 112 Issue 17, p18
Reports that pop icon Madonna has signed a multimedia megadeal with Time Warner worth an estimated $60 million. Terms of the seven-year pact; Why Time Warner considers the proposition solid gold; Gross sales of past Madonna-related ventures; TimeWarner's right to decline to distribute Madonna's...
- Hair & now. Green, Melissa // InStyle;May2002, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p324
Features the hairstyle of singer Madonna. Products used; Strategies of hairstylist Luigi Murenu to create the look; Considerations in creating the hairstyle.
- The stylemakers: MADONNA. Stedman, Nancy // InStyle;Jul2004, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p22
Presents information on singer Madonna.