CAN SANDLER SAVE SAVINGS?
- Simple savings - same old story? // Marketing Week;7/18/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p3
Comments on the report of Ron Sandler on pensions and long-term personal savings in Great Britain. Failure of consumers to save enough money for their retirement; Recommended reform of the design and sale of pensions and savings products; Reasons for consumers' hesitation in investing in...
- Hotter than July for 'revolutionary' review. // Money Marketing;6/20/2002, p3
Reports on the publication of Treasury-commissioned review of medium and long-term retail savings by financial adviser Ron Sandler in July 2002. Objective of the review; Simplification of pension legislation.
- Slander and Pickle show. Vaizley, Edward // Money Marketing;7/25/2002, p37
Comments on the reports issued by Ron Sandler and Alan Pickering about the financial services industry in Great Britain. Nicknames given by the industry to Sandler and Pickering as a result of the content of their reports; Proposal of Pickering to simplify the pensions rules; Principles which...
- Consensus builds to back the limited advice option. Boles, Corey // Money Marketing;1/16/2003, p5
Reports on the support for the limited advice option under the British Financial Services Authority's proposals for distributing Ron Sandler's suite of stakeholder products. Other avenues being considered to distribute the products; Consumers in need of advice.
- 93% of IFAs says stakeholder-type plans will fail. Duncan, Chris // Money Marketing;7/11/2002, p1
Reports on the views of independent financial advisers (IFA) on the stakeholder-type products advocated by Ron Sandler, head of Britain's Treasury Commission, in 2002. Result of a survey conducted by 'Money Marketing' on IFA; Overview of Sandler's proposal; Concern of IFA on the definition of...
- IFA RESPONSE. // Money Marketing;7/11/2002, p2
Presents the response of independent financial advisers on the simplified stakeholder products advocated by Ron Sandler, head of Britain's Treasury Commission, in 2002. Torquil Clark; RJ Temple; Advisory & Brokerage Services; Millfield Group.
- Consumer panel warning over potential misselling of unsuitable products. Boles, Corey // Money Marketing;7/11/2002, p2
Reports that the proposals of Ron Sandler, head of Britain's Treasury Commission, have been slated by the Financial Services Consumer Panel, which warns of a potential misselling of unsuitable products. Concerns of the panel; Views of the Consumers' Association on Sandler's findings.
- Call for 'suite of simple products' Stevenson, Rachel // Money Marketing;7/11/2002, p3
Reports on the simplified stakeholder products proposed by Ron Sandler, head of Britain's Treasury Commission, as of July 11, 2002. List of the suite of products; Information on the with-profits in the suite; Comment from Clerical Medical pensions strategy manager Nigle Stammers.
- Ringfencing of with-profits just for proprietary offices. // Money Marketing;7/11/2002, p3
Focuses on the impact of the proposal of Ron Sandler, head of Britain's Treasury Commission, on the financial services industry which recognizes the value of with-profits and requiring the ringfencing of funds by proprietary offices. Plan of Norwich Union to ringfence its funds; Overview of...