Horses for courses in marketing
- Spotlight on: Zippo Pine Bar. Newton, P.M. // Horse & Rider;Nov90, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p51
Profiles Zippo Pine Bar, 21, a legendary and prolific Quarter Horse stallion owned by Bob and Ann Perry of Valley View, Texas. Zippo's champion offspring, including Paints and Appaloosas; Zippo's Nebraska origins and bloodlines; How the Perrys bought him and developed their breeding program.
- Comeback kid. Copeland, Sue M.; Jackson, Cappy // Horse & Rider;Feb96, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p28
Features the quarter horse stallion Lean With Me and his trainer Bob Avila. Career history; Description of the accident that happened to the horse on October 12, 1993; Injuries sustained; Details of the horse's recovery; Training activities by Avila for the horse.
- Reminic. Meyer, Jennifer Forsbe // Horse & Rider;Mar96, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p29
Features the race horse Reminic. Date foaled; Pedigree; Breeder; Owners; Major accomplishments. INSET: American Quarter Horse Association Pedigree..
- `Totally happy': Calypso at 25. // Practical Horseman;Feb99, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p61
Features the race horse Calypso. Achievements of the horse; Comment from jumper rider Melanie Smith Taylor; Horse care after retiring.
- Alyrob loses more than his race. Murray, Jim // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/15/96, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p14B
Focuses on the race horse Alyrob. Winnings; Disqualification from the Santa Anita Derby in California.
- Don't bet on faster horses. Budiansky, Stephen // New Scientist;8/10/96, Vol. 151 Issue 2042, p29
Discusses the factors hindering the performance of race horses inspite of the introduction of equine sports medicine in the 1980s. Average winning times in the British Derby; Comparison of the horses' performance with human athletes; Fitness factor; Oxygen supply factor; Horse training.
- California Creates Fund for Ex-Racers. Ollwerther, Alyssa Newman // Practical Horseman;May2008, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p83
The article reports that the California Horse Racing Board has approved the creation of the California Retirement Management Account to help care for California's ex-racehorses.
- Choose the Sturdy Eventer. // Practical Horseman;May2009, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p31
The article offers the author's perspectives on factors contributing to the whole picture when considering conformation of horses in the U.S.
- WATER JUMPS PART I: Get His Feet Wet. // Practical Horseman;May2009, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p50
The article offers tips on how to introduce a horse to water jump in the U.S. INSET: Get Started.