Some model behaviour at FHM
- Anatomy of a Magazine Cover. James, Sara // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/29/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 91, Special Section p14
Presents information on the production of magazine covers. Process of booking celebrities; Direction of the shoot; Reservation of model covers.
- Bron's Letter. McCahon, Bronwyn // Dolly;Nov2006, Issue 433, p12
The article presents questions and answers related to the creation of issues of this periodical. A reader asked how celebrities and famous personalities were chosen to model for the magazine covers. Another asked if the cover models received payments for their photographs. One person asked how...
- LESSONS LEARNED. // Ralph;Sep2007, p10
This article enumerates the lessons learned from publishing the Australian magazine "Ralph." The author states a challenge facing the staff of the magazine, including the problem in dealing with people. He then implies the health effects of operating the magazine on its staff. In addition, the...
- Memo Pad. Smith, Stephanie D.; Socha, Miles; Wicks, Amy // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/30/2009, Vol. 198 Issue 91, p12
The article provides updates regarding the developments of various companies in the fashion sector worldwide. President and chief executive officer (CEO) Richard Beckman of Fairchild Fashion Group is assuming responsibility for the business operations of W magazine. Lara Stone is working of a...
- hotlines. Black, Trisha; Trippet, Kristi; Winker, Zoe; Phillippi, Kelly; Valentino, Mary-Jo; Johnston, Cori; Mueller, Jessica; Robinson, Denise; Williams, Bryonny; Kovacs, Michelle; Murphy, Joy; Russell, Athena; Pringle, Lacey // Shape;Sep2006, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p26
The article presents the views of the readers about the June 2006 issue of this periodical. According to a reader, the articles have helped the reader in becoming a healthier person, both mentally and physically. According to another reader, she lost 30 pounds by following the articles that...
- Model behaviour. // Printing World;11/24/2005, Vol. 292 Issue 8, p6
The article presents a picture of and information on the January 2006 special edition of the "B" magazine published by Hachette-Fillipachi in Great Britain. The edition was printed by Polestar Chantry. The cover model was Lucy Ratcliffe, winner of Living TV's reality show "Britain's Top Model."...
- A Flip Through the Pages Of the Garden State. Ruth, Joao-Pierre S. // Business News New Jersey;03/20/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the growing number of glossy magazines in New Jersey that focus on travel destinations, events and activities around the state. 'General Store Magazine'; 'New Jersey Life'; Financial struggle faced by publisher Lawrence Bataille in keeping 'General Store' on track.
- L.A. titles fuel rivalry. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;7/1/93, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p14
Reports on the battle among magazines in inviting well-known names to join their staff. Rip George for the magazine Los Angeles; Magazine Buzz' incorporation of the mailing list of the magazine L.A. Style; Buzz editor Allan Mayer's meeting with the magazine Details founding editor, Anne Flanders.
- State-owned magazines pay their own way too. McMahon, John // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;7/1/93, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p67
Opinion. Compares the attributes of government-owned magazines with their private-sector counterparts. Benefits brought by taxpayer support on government-owned magazines; Similarity in the advertising, circulation and editorial problems; Invasion of advertising niche of private magazines;...