Can branded rags bring riches to M&S?
- M&S adopts consistent front. Newland, Francesca // Campaign (UK);05/05/2000, Issue 18, p16
Focuses on the challenges facing marketing director Alan McWalter in revamping the Marks & Spencer (M&S) retail brand. Agency tasked to help McWalter in the endeavor; Problem with presenting the M&S as a single brand; Consumers' perceptions of M&S; Outlook for the M&S branding campaign.
- Can Wonder of Woolies revive M&S? Dignam, Conor // Marketing (00253650);9/30/1999, p7
Interviews Alan McWalter, marketing chief of British retailer Marks & Spencer. Discussion on journalists' reaction to his appointment; Marketing issue for Marks that need to be addressed; Advertising budget; Other issues related to Marks & Spencer.
- M&S set to centralise advertising business. Newland, Francesca // Campaign;02/04/2000, Issue 5, p5
Reports on the plan of Great Britain-based retail giant Marks and Spencer to centralize its creative and media advertising accounts. Response to flagging sales and poor stock market performance; Proposed budget for the centralized creative account; Marketing director Alan McWalter's decision.
- Gloomy forecasts underrate power of the M&S brand. Dignam, Conor // Marketing (00253650);9/30/1999, p21
Comments on the brand power of British retailer Marks & Spencer. Expected survival of the retailer due to its brand popularity; Impact of the appointment of Alan McWalter as its marketing director and the appointments of Peter Salsbury and James Benfield as chief executive and brand manager...
- M&S appoints head of advertising. Jardine, Alexandra // Marketing (00253650);11/18/1999, p1
Reports on Marks & Spencer's (M&S) restructuring of its clothing, home and foods divisions and the appointment of Alan McWalter as its first head of advertising. Consistency in the advertising campaigns for the company's divisions; Other executive appointments.
- McWalter unveils M&S revamp. // Marketing Week;6/29/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p7
Highlights the plan of Great Britain-based Marks & Spencer to recruit additional marketers from outside the company. Restructuring plans of marketing director Alan McWalter; Splitting of the marketing department into a marketing strategy unit and a brand design and delivery unit.
- Mills on...M&S's new marketing director. Mills, Dominic // Campaign (UK);10/01/99, Issue 39, p23
Comments on Alan McWalter, appointed marketing director at Great Britain-based Marks & Spencer. McWalter's stint at Wolworths; Question on whether McWalter can make his mark on an introverted culture like Marks & Spencer.
- McWalter exits Marks & Spencer following restructuring of board. Darby, Ian // Campaign (UK);7/12/2002, Issue 27, p2
Announces the resignation of Alan McWalter as group marketing director of Marks & Spencer. Contributions of McWalter to the company; Factors contributing to the resignation of the marketing director; Career highlights of McWalter.
- M&S's advertising helps the recovery. // Campaign (UK);4/19/2002, Issue 15, p18
Discusses the role played by advertising in solving the problems faced by clothing retailer Marks & Spencer PLC in Great Britain. Sales performance of the company; Explanation of marketing chief Alan McWalter on the situation undergone by the business; Relationship of the company with advertising.