Will new press body turn out to be a paper tiger?
- Financial outlook. Garneau, George // Editor & Publisher;1/1/94, Vol. 127 Issue 1, p15
Reports on the trends gripping the newspaper industry as reported at the annual Paine Webber Media Conference in December 1993. Rebuilding of traditional advertising as the first order of business; Forecasts on the growth in newspaper advertising spending for 1994; New media as the focus of the...
- MAY'S AD LINAGE SHOWS SOFTNESS. // Editor & Publisher;7/30/2001, Vol. 134 Issue 30, p20
Presents information on the advertising revenues of newspaper publishers in the United States in May 2001. Decline in classified and retail advertising. INSETS: NATIONAL ROP ADVERTISING INDEDX;RETAIL ROP ADVERTISING INDEX;PREPRINTED INSERT ADVERTISING INDEX;DISPLAY CLASSIFIED ROP ADVERTISING INDEX
- Outlook for second half is hazy. Moses, Lucia // Editor & Publisher;9/2/2002, Vol. 135 Issue 31, p6
Presents the forecast on newspaper advertising spending in the U.S. for the second half of 2002. Conduction of the report by analyst Miles E. Groves of the Barry Group consultancy; Indication of slight growth for help-wanted advertising; Volume of newsprint purchased in July.
- JUNE AD LINAGE: A NICE FIRST-HALF FINISH. // Editor & Publisher;9/2/2002, Vol. 135 Issue 31, p29
Presents several charts and graphs depicting the newspaper advertising indices in the U.S. for June 2002. Evaluation of the national run-of-press advertising index; Percentage of year to date preprinted insert index; Assessment of classified categories for June.
- POINTING THE WAY TO BETTER TIMES IN 2003. Fitzgerald, Mark // Editor & Publisher;1/6/2003, Vol. 136 Issue 1, p14
Discusses the condition of the newspaper industry in the U.S. in 2002. Background on advertising revenue; Details on the decline in classified advertising; Information on the performance of newspaper Internet sites.
- Newspaper Deadlines are Changing! // Edgewood Enterprise (TX);5/19/2011, Vol. 103 Issue 20, p1A
The article reports that the deadlines for the submission of advertising which include classifieds, garage sale notices, and other public notices were changed because of the new process in publishing the newspapers "Grand Saline Sun" and "Edgewood Enterprise."
- Newspaper Deadlines are Changing! // Grand Saline Sun (TX);5/19/2011, Vol. 114 Issue 20, p1A
The article reports that deadlines for submission of advertising, such as garage sale notices, classifieds, and other public notices, have changed due to a new process in publishing the "Grand Saline Sun" and "Edgewood Enterprise."
- Mining data to market advertising. Sackett, Lawrence B. // Editor & Publisher;10/12/96, Vol. 129 Issue 41, p64
Provides insights for newspaper companies on how to win over advertisers by using market data. Quantifying the opportunities to gain share of the local market; Helping advertisers identify and profile their best customers; Developing creative and promotional strategies that speak directly to...
- Boomer year for papers. McNickel, David // AdMedia;Jul2001, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p41
Reports on developments in the newspaper industry in New Zealand. Comments of Newspaper Advertising Bureau head Maurice Mehlhopt on the growth for newspapers in 2000; Advertising revenue; Wilson & Horton's investment upgrading of its presses; Factors that influenced newspapers to increase their...