US-style sales for regional press ads?
- Alternative weeklies' advertising revenue up. Moses // Editor & Publisher;11/13/99, Vol. 132 Issue 46, p24
Reports on gross advertising billings of alternative weekly newspapers in the United States during the first three quarters of 1999. Total increase from the same period in 1998; Industry's growing credibility among mainstream advertisers; Amount spent by the Alternative Weekly Network to...
- Manifesto plays up regional press. Campbell, Lisa // Campaign;03/03/2000, Issue 9, p7
Reports that the Newspaper Society in Great Britain has launched a manifesto supporting regional press advertising. Cost of advertising campaign to develop the manifesto; Creation of the campaign by BDH TBWA; Advantages of using regional press advertising.
- California ad network places $4 million worth of ads. // Editor & Publisher;11/25/95, Vol. 128 Issue 47, p23
Reports on the number of advertisements placed by the California Newspaper Network sponsored by the California Newspaper Publishers Association in member newspapers.
- No national urges NS president on ads. Larkin, Jim // Printing World;10/7/2002, Vol. 280 Issue 1, p24
Highlights the views of Newspaper Society president Tim Bowdler regarding the need for regional newspapers to increase their share of national display advertising to boost combined revenues. Speech of Bowdler at the NS Advertising Conference; Steps that regional newspaper should take to...
- NS pledges ...3m regional press project. // Marketing Week;3/2/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p12
Focuses on the Newspaper Society's (NS) pledge to address seven key areas of concern raised by marketers and advertising agencies to increase the regional press' share of national advertising spendings in Great Britain. Key issues identified; Amount allocated for the effort; Technology to be...
- National push for local press. Bainbridge, Jane // Marketing (00253650);11/25/1999, p27
Reports on the national effort in Great Britain to promote advertising in the local press. Three-stage campaign of The Newspaper Society to change perceptions of the marketing community; Issue of the cost of advertising through the newspapers; Advantages of regional press advertising; Interest...
- The Noes Have It. // Time;10/9/1950, Vol. 56 Issue 15, p52
The article deals with a vote by members of the American Newspaper Guild opposing a plan for an initial expenditure of 50,000 U.S. dollars to help start a newspaper. Delegates in the guild's annual convention in Washington in June 1950 initially agreed into the entry of the guild into the...
- Why it's unwise to believe the regional press sector's spiel. Reid, Alasdair // Campaign (UK);03/26/99, Issue 12, p18
Comments on the bullish statements issued by the Newspaper Society for the regional press sector in Great Britain, following the release of the Audit Bureau of Circulations figures from the July-December 1998 period. Improvement seen by the medium in terms of circulation; Buyers' assessment of...
- Newspaper Society initiative is a step in the right direction. Reid, Alasdair // Campaign (UK);03/10/2000, Issue 10, p24
Comments on developments related to the Great Britain-based newspaper publishing industry group Newspaper Society as of March 10, 2000. Group's efforts to expand the industry's share of advertising campaigns in the country.