Mirror Group searches for brand development chief
- High value for intangible asset. // Accountancy;Jul1991, Vol. 108 Issue 1175, p36
Reports on the cost value of Mirror Group Newspapers PLC's newspaper titles in Great Britain. Proportion of the company's net assets represented by its newspaper titles; Main titles published by the company.
- MGN and Telegraph to abandon Apollo plans. Cowen, Matthew // Campaign (UK);8/9/2002, Issue 31, p5
Reports the plans of the Telegraph Group (TG) and Mirror Group Newspapers PLC (MGN) for the Apollo joint sales house in Great Britain. Negotiation between the publishers over the logistics of Apollo; Engagement of MGN in the strategic repositioning of its flagship titles; Belief of TG on the...
- Sports titles still on a losing streak. Wilkinson, Amanda // Marketing Week;2/25/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the difficulties of sports title in Great Britain, focusing on the `Sporting Life,' from the Mirror Group. Decision-making on the fate of the title by the board before company's preliminary results in March 4, 1999; Fierce competition from the lifestyle press, specialist sports...
- The magnificent six. Lee, Julian // Campaign (UK);06/04/99, Issue 22, p39
Assesses the six leading regional press sales houses in Great Britain. Mediaforce; Mirror Group; Newsquest; Northcliffe; Regional Independent Media; Amra; Number of buying points; Weekly circulation; Market share; Contact.
- M&C Saatchi ads back major Mirror relaunch. Cowen, Matthew // Campaign (UK);4/19/2002, Issue 15, p8
Reports the relaunch of Mirror Group Newspapers in Great Britain. Role of M&C Saatchi in the development of an television advertising campaign; Sections of the newspaper; Writers of the daily paper.
- Mirror Group drops Sporting Life relaunch in favour of its website. Griffiths, Anna // Campaign (UK);03/05/99, Issue 9, p2
Reports on Mirror Group Newspapers PLC's abandonment of its relaunch of `The Sporting Life' newspaper to concentrate on the establishment of the brand's Web site. Changes in the focus of the firm's newspaper publishing activities in Great Britain; Mirror's search of a buyer for its cable venture.
- Has Apollo pushed consolidation off the agenda? // Campaign;8/16/2002, Issue 32, p10
Focuses on the deferment of plans for the Apollo newspaper sales house in Great Britain. Impact of the issue on the future of press sales consolidation; Failure of the sale house joint venture between newspaper publishers Telegraph Group and Mirror Group Newspapers PLC to achieve industry...
- Newspaper stalwarts form convincing double act. Griffiths, Anna // Campaign (UK);08/13/99, Issue 32, p12
Reports on the proposed merger between Great Britain-based newspaper publishers Mirror and Trinity. Details of the merger agreement; Relationship between chief executive officer of the merged company Philip Graf and deputy chief executive John Allwood.
- Mirror builds data to halt decline. Brown, Curtis // Precision Marketing;6/25/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p2
Reports on the development of a fledging marketing database by the Mirror Group of Newspapers (MGN) to attract profiled electronic data aimed at stopping the decline of the Daily Mirror's circulation. Partnership of the company with Interactive Prospect Targeting (IPT); Plan of IPT to run a...